TLCA Raffle Truck build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mostly off-topic, other than I am looking at your sig line and see that your 1971 FJ40 has FJ60 PS, which seems to be the direction this raffle truck is going (FWIW, I am a fan of the FJ60 PS conversion on older rigs). Jon, I am looking at your sig line and trying to figure out what "Budbuilt IFS & Belly plates" means. I know who Budbuilt is, and I know what belly plates are, but WTF? You changed out your solid front axle on your 40 for Independent Front Suspension????

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. I believe the IFS and belly plate reside on his 4skinner. ;)

Mostly off-topic, other than I am looking at your sig line and see that your 1971 FJ40 has FJ60 PS, which seems to be the direction this raffle truck is going (FWIW, I am a fan of the FJ60 PS conversion on older rigs). Jon, I am looking at your sig line and trying to figure out what "Budbuilt IFS & Belly plates" means. I know who Budbuilt is, and I know what belly plates are, but WTF? You changed out your solid front axle on your 40 for Independent Front Suspension????

Hey Jeff! Yeah, I was hoping to get the 40 to ride like a 200 Series so I could use it as a DD....:steer:

....NOT!

Heaven forbid! Noone in their right mind would ever do an IFS swap on a 40 unless they planned on subsequently raffling the 40 to some Kalifornia Dreamer:smokin:

The Budbuilt skid plates are on the 2000 4Runner. Also, we are doing a mini-truck PS mod on the raffle truck, not the FJ60 PS set-up (we are using the PS box that was donated).

Take care!

Jon

Jon, you can bring it out on Sat but I've got a feeling it won't work. The hose needs female threads on the pump end.
Jeff, as far as the raffle ttuck goes its getting mini truck power steering.

LOL! No I misread Jon's sig line. I was putting "IFS" with his '71 '40, now I see it is on his '04 runner. My bad!

Pictures posted in the TLCA Discussion thread; also, thanked those TLCA individuals and businesses who've donated pieces and parts to help us get to this point. Noted that a couple of TLCA Chapter clubs have donated $ to fund paint and consumables...asked more Chapter clubs to pitch-in to help get this project completed.

Who was there today? Thornton, TRFCSUX, StaleAle, OffcamberFJ, Devilman's Hand, Von Hayek, ryngbsn, Jakes40, Topherbecker, jcj_78FJ40, and SAS.

100_5091_zps37c230d9.jpg

100_5090_zps4b667bde.jpg

100_5089_zps37683657.jpg

100_5093_zpsbae18f84.jpg

100_5095_zpsd119a6db.jpg

Last edited:
It's ALIVE!

Congrats

Big Thanks to Miller Toyota!

Miller Toyota of Manassas, Virginia has graciously donated $250 towards door gaskets for the raffle truck! Big thanks to Ken Shepherd at Miller for making this happen. If you live in the area, please consider buying parts from Miller Toyota to support a dealer that supports the CLCC. You can see their parts department here.

I have a dead battery because of it!! :flipoff2:

Did we really kill it, for good?

Had a great day, gots lots done.

Brakes are working, clutch is working, power steering is working...

Next week we get to work on finishing the wiring harness install and associated switches, lights, senders, and charging system.

We also need to replace or unclog that hard feedline, re-plumb the exhaust and this baby will be rolling in no time!

Great work guys!

Last edited:
miller toyota of manassas, virginia has graciously donated $250 towards door gaskets for the raffle truck! Big thanks to ken shepherd at miller for making this happen. If you live in the area, please consider buying parts from miller toyota to support a dealer that supports the clcc. You can see their parts department here.

thank you, miller toyota!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom