TLCA Raffle Truck build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have some 1979 grey vinyl metal back seats i can donate. the driver's side will need a new bottom cover though. It has the later style rails, so we'd need to come up w/ the early style mounts. Starting to get rips in the seams everywhere else though, so this might not be a cheap option if you want it to look nice.

I have a dealer original warn style winch bumper that I'll donate too. Its slightly bent on the passenger side though from a slow bump off of a tree, but It can be heated and bent straight. That or just chop off the ends.

CCOT is having a sale for weatherstripping for all 4 doors for $84.95! I know thats not OEM buts better than what the truck currently has. Can the club pay for this so the painting on the doors can be done better? Meaning removing of old WS and clean up o doors? Thanks planning to paint them this Sat.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I vote yes , but they did not give me the check book. Send Jon a pm

Before money is spent on weather stripping answer this. Do we have everything we need for the truck to be running on April 1st ?

looks like you guys are making good progress. thanks for all the hard work and for supporting the TLCA!

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

Road worthy tires are the big remaining item. Go ahead and remove the weatherstripping so you can paint the doors. We can buy weather striping if no one donates it to the cause. I got a recommitment from RMLC that their $200 donation will be sent very soon.

Has anyone got a line on a PS pump and pulley?

I have a bunch of partial clusters and individual gauges if you guys need parts.

Let me know .....

Georg

I have a couple of gauge clusters but I'm not sure of the vintage or function.

A few photos from Sunday ...

image-1636699567.jpg

image-4097208979.jpg

image-181218535.jpg

image-2038868270.jpg

Has anyone got a line on a PS pump and pulley?

found a pump in the shed sunday and ordered the pulley today. just need to get one of the high pressure hoses modified to work between the 2

Want to see if mine works (high pressure hose tbat is....for power steering)? I can bring it out sometime this week.

Mostly off-topic, other than I am looking at your sig line and see that your 1971 FJ40 has FJ60 PS, which seems to be the direction this raffle truck is going (FWIW, I am a fan of the FJ60 PS conversion on older rigs). Jon, I am looking at your sig line and trying to figure out what "Budbuilt IFS & Belly plates" means. I know who Budbuilt is, and I know what belly plates are, but WTF? You changed out your solid front axle on your 40 for Independent Front Suspension????

Jon, you can bring it out on Sat but I've got a feeling it won't work. The hose needs female threads on the pump end.
Jeff, as far as the raffle ttuck goes its getting mini truck power steering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom