ONSC Chat (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Down in Sacramento on business and I'm at the airport ready to fly home after a great day yesterday of little work and great food with a plethora or Russian River and select Chico release Sierra Nevada beers. Normally I wear a logans run shirt to fly in due to @jamesurq making a great comfortable T size shirt And a dodgers hat. Just on the off chance I run I to a fan of each. (Cruisers or Dodgers)

I've run into. Ruiser fans before but never ran I to someone that actually knows what LR is. Normally people will talk about being a fan ofthe old movie or think it's a 5k type thing. Ran into a guy who doesn't even own a cruiser but is friends with some toyota guys in the Bay area and have heard them talking about it a bit. He wasnt aware it was in NC, since his buddies had been talking about it he figured it was a Rubicon Run. So I told him the history of the event and how its grown leaps and bounds over the years thanks to some great stewardships and now it's a just for club members event to keep it more like family. Kinda cool chance encounter.

Last edited:
Ouch, dead last. That’s a shame as last year jeep was….dead last….

IMG_1829.png

first in something

Our son had a TJ that he learned to drive in. It was a fun vehicle... BUT: it constantly had some kind of issue (multiple sensor failures causing CEL's), electrical gremlins not to mention it was HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter to drive. They are GREAT as a secondary vehicle but will never have one as a primary again. We sold it (for what we bought it for 4 years ago) and bought a GX470 for the exact same amount. NIGHT and DAY difference, not even a comparison.

TODAYS TOP TEN TECH TIPS

1) after some pretty intense research I’ve determined the fastest way to remove a front axle assembly is definitely a jersey barrier at 60mph

2) don’t ever utilize the method above ^

3) If you’re camping for multi day trip and responsibly consuming beverages don’t put them lose in the back. The state troopers frown upon this and like to ask lots of questions and might make you perform roadside tricks.

4) always always always strap your load down while traveling. It very well may save your life one day.

5) it takes less than 6” drop to crack a brand new oem rotor and ruin a backing plate.

6) when you find yourself on your side facing south in the northbound lanes always remember to turn your engine off before exiting the vehicle.

7) always attach loads on your roof rack securely

8) a 1/4” steel bumper may be considered overkill and too heavy by some but it may preserve the integrity of your engine bay one day.

9) never trust a driver to NOT just stop at the top of an entrance ramp 🙄

10) always maintain a network of fantastic individuals across the country as best as possible. It is, in fact, possible to mudship your self + dogs and gear if needed.

I’d like to publicly thank @Comet and @fj40z for dropping their obligations without hesitation to help gather my yard sale items and dogs and helping me get home and general group therapy sessions ❤️

There’s a list of star city Land Cruiser folks that get honorable mention for assisting with the transit of a roof rack/rtt/awning combo as well.

This gleeful MF’r absolutely cracks me up……
IMG_3464.jpeg

RIP LUNA
5/04 - 10/23
19yr 5mos and 154k miles 20 states
Not a bad run but hate it has come to an end :(

Last edited:
Jason, sorry to see your truck this way , I hope you didn’t get hurt too bad. Looks like it could have been much worse.

Thanks Shaun.
The dogs, the pizza and myself walked away unhurt so I can’t complain. It definitely could have been much worse.

I did have to swallow my pride when a gladiator showed up to winch me back over the barrier. That kinda hurt. lol

Wait…dogs, plural? Katie has a friend?
I thought you had met Pepper ?!?

Day before the wreck. Was at least a great birthday send off trip :/

IMG_3267.jpeg
IMG_3307.jpeg

Last edited:
OMG Free, glad you are OK, and the pups. Man, need to unpack all this over a beer soon.

how's the turning radius in that configuration?

all aside, that sucks but, glad everyone is ok.

Turns on a dime!
But takes a football field to stop

Glad you're ok.

Holy crap dude glad you're OK. Guessing it is a total loss then? Frigging sucks. I had close calls in my 80 due to idiots pulling out in front of me, not stopping or jamming on their brakes. People need to realize situational awareness more.
This gleeful MF’r absolutely cracks me up……
View attachment 3572853

RIP LUNA
5/04 - 10/23
19yr 5mos and 154k miles 20 states
Not a bad run but hate it has come to an end :(
That dude is calling dibs on your front bumper in his mind

Holy crap dude glad you're OK. Guessing it is a total loss then? Frigging sucks. I had close calls in my 80 due to idiots pulling out in front of me, not stopping or jamming on their brakes. People need to realize situational awareness more.

She gone. Sucks for sure

And 💯 chica inspired disaster. I was accelerating to speed up the ramp. Look over shoulder and see all lanes all clear and look back to see a Subaru full of 5 girls just dead stopped in merge lane. It was kill them or my ride at that point. Hard left was only option and wasn’t really a conscious decision.

But I got a free set of control arms for you now. Require some straightening ;)

Last edited:
time to 3 link the front.

I was thinking how nice it was that Free shut down the interstate so I could walk on it unfettered. That and how cool my Trooper looked with a James Baroud on top of it. Rooftop on his rig ten minutes before his physics lesson, devastating incident that thankfully he and the pooches were unhurt, and my new home away from home if I had $1200.

IMG_4995.jpeg

IMG_4998.jpeg

IMG_5010.jpeg

Edit:

Signed: Gleeful MF’r.

Last edited:
Damn Jason, very relieved to hear you and the pooches are ok! That looks as if it coulda been a whole helluva lot worse. Also sad that an iconic 80 has met its demise.:mad:

Let me guess, the woman driving the Subaru took off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom