What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to swapping out rims/tires/roof rack/grill. Did the 12 hole fuel injectors and replaced all the coil packs. Between lighter wheels and tires, lower profile roof rack, injectors and new coils I've gained an average of 2.8 mpg. Hopefully doing Icon long travels soon.
Any noticeable difference in engine performance/smoothness with the new injectors and coil packs? Seems like a good idea to replace when they are ~15 years old, but they aren't cheap, especially for OEM/Denso parts. It's definitely somewhere on my maintenance list :)

Any noticeable difference in engine performance/smoothness with the new injectors and coil packs? Seems like a good idea to replace when they are ~15 years old, but they aren't cheap, especially for OEM/Denso parts. It's definitely somewhere on my maintenance lisfeels like its running smoother
Feels like its running smoother.......no hesitation, smoother shifting, and between all the changes, better gas mileage. You can find the 12 hole injectors on ebay for much cheaper than the company I bought mine from. One of my coils went out (after 208k miles). This iled me down the path of swapping them all out along with doing the injectors.

Feels like its running smoother.......no hesitation, smoother shifting, and between all the changes, better gas mileage. You can find the 12 hole injectors on ebay for much cheaper than the company I bought mine from. One of my coils went out (after 208k miles). This iled me down the path of swapping them all out along with doing the injectors.
Thanks. I did have a Subaru burn a valve due to a bad injector at around 100K. I use injector cleaner regularly but who knows that the POs did. I'll keep these items on the longer-term preventative maintenance list for sure - as I plan on keeping this GX as long as possible.

Had a good 2.5 hours of wrenching!!
1666236777300.png

Today I committed rental heresy while on a work trip to Northern Canada. The ecodiesel was pretty nice and got a whopping 32 mpg at 100 km/hr, but overall I much preferred the frontal visibility, build quality, and handling of my GX. Having an 8 speed auto was really nice though - always in the perfect gear.
20221021_094755.jpg

20221021_105827.jpg

Today I committed rental heresy while on a work trip to Northern Canada. The ecodiesel was pretty nice and got a whopping 32 mpg at 100 km/hr, but overall I much preferred the frontal visibility, build quality, and handling of my GX. Having an 8 speed auto was really nice though - always in the perfect gear.
View attachment 3146774
View attachment 3146775

As much fun as I’ve had with the GX I’m always itching for something new. Usually sell/trade in every 6 months to a year….
I have a problem lmao

Our hidden falls trip I was wheeling with my buddy who has a geared Gladiator on 37s and in a lot of areas the GX outperformed it. Still had my gears turning though lol.
Too bad everything has become so expensive and rates are up.

As much fun as I’ve had with the GX I’m always itching for something new. Usually sell/trade in every 6 months to a year….
I have a problem lmao

Our hidden falls trip I was wheeling with my buddy who has a geared Gladiator on 37s and in a lot of areas the GX outperformed it. Still had my gears turning though lol.
Too bad everything has become so expensive and rates are up.
I texted one of my Jeep buddies and told him it's nice but it didn't convert me :)

View attachment 3147438
Got my RCI sliders and Clearview mirrors installed the other weekend, finally hit the trails today and beat them up. Sliders already saved me from panel damage :steer:
Would you be will to share some info on those mirrors?!!! I’ve been looking for tow mirrors and haven’t found any. Are they for the GX? There website doesn’t show any.

Would you be will to share some info on those mirrors?!!! I’ve been looking for tow mirrors and haven’t found any. Are they for the GX? There website doesn’t show any.
FYI you can fit Longview 1st gen Tundra slip-on tow mirrors on a GX with some minimal mods.

Would you be will to share some info on those mirrors?!!! I’ve been looking for tow mirrors and haven’t found any. Are they for the GX? Their website doesn’t show any.
The US distributor doesn’t stock them yet but they can order them from AUS for you. They’re for the 120 series Prado and bolt right up.

When I inquired it sounded like the first pair they sent over had a different plug than the GX, but that was sorted for mine and it was plug and play. You’ll loose the heated function if that matters to you

The US distributor doesn’t stock them yet but they can order them from AUS for you. They’re for the 120 series Prado and bolt right up.

When I inquired it sounded like the first pair they sent over had a different plug than the GX, but that was sorted for mine and it was plug and play. You’ll loose the heated function if that matters to you
Thank you!

GROM install. Now it’s time to refoam the speakers.

11557F04-9336-4D0F-81F4-BAA61576D04B.jpeg

2DA4D737-3F0B-48AD-BC1C-E3216A4321F6.jpeg

Been a while.....bought a small travel trailer and have been working on it.

Finally got around to swapping out rims/tires/roof rack/grill. Did the 12 hole fuel injectors and replaced all the coil packs. Between lighter wheels and tires, lower profile roof rack, injectors and new coils I've gained an average of 2.8 mpg. Hopefully doing Icon long travels soon.

CXA 17*9 -12
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 285/70/17
ProsSpeed Rack

View attachment 3144747
Is that the Bisongear roof rack? Just ordered mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom