What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered the Dr KDSS Bolt On TrackBar Correction kit a few days ago and it got here already. Build quality and fitment was great. Panhard bar is still at a very slight angle, but MUCH better than without the kit. It came packaged really well with all grade 10.9 bolts that are needed to mount it. I'm going to keep a close eye on everything and wait to see if I need to throw some additional welds on. Seems pretty stout as-is though.

Only thing I'd change is to do it before the underside has been coated in black woolwax...

20221028_165154.jpg

My 470 got the 4.56 install completed today... Breaking in the gear sets yet, but WOW. Its nice to have the lower r&p gears.
Nice acceleration and got the snap back. 4.56 may be slightly over lowered on 34" tires (295/70-17's) but that is what I wanted. Easy cruisin'.
I knew it was the right thing to do. 😍

IMG_0412.JPG

My 470 got the 4.56 install completed today... Breaking in the gear sets yet, but WOW. Its nice to have the lower r&p gears.
Nice acceleration and got the snap back. 4.56 may be slightly over lowered on 34" tires (295/70-17's) but that is what I wanted. Easy cruisin'.

View attachment 3156923
stop hitting the throttle! You are still breaking in the gears lol

View attachment 3156923
If you don’t mind, what did regear run you?
Looking at going 4.88s and haven’t heard back from the shop yet.

If you don’t mind, what did regear run you?
Looking at going 4.88s and haven’t heard back from the shop yet.

$3300. As you know a lot of labor to change out the R & P's. Money well spent.
In my poorer young days I could not afford gear changes, but as an older guy, it is the way to make any modified vehicle operate at its best.

And yes GXO... I am heat cycling my gears sets on break-in. No towing. They also suggested the first towing to heat cycle again, as the loads are increased.
Its not a matter of jumping on the highway and running 500 miles for break-in... that is not considered heat cycling.
Protect the investment! FYI

$3300. As you know a lot of labor to change out the R & P's. Money well spent.
In my poorer young days I could not afford gear changes, but as an older guy, it is the way to make any modified vehicle operate at its best.
Appreciate it bud!
I’ve always heard it’s worth the money but was always in that same boat lol.

installed a diff breather extension, and swapped out my Power steering reservoir and the fluid.
A3215B23-98BD-441A-B9ED-6D9F7C56C074.jpeg

CA2F9FBB-D686-4929-B701-2876718EEB6D.jpeg

Also some how managed to order falken rubitreks for $61 a pop on Walmart.com. Now let’s see if they actually ship out.

DF43A95B-EFBF-412D-8490-B62D3ADC97B9.jpeg

Tried finishing up the sleeping platform using the instructions from @amongmany.

Really happy with the instructions, but the quality of the recommended kit from TNutz is terrible, particularly the hinges and other hardware to attach the wood platform to the extruded aluminum frame.

The flat head cap screws for the hinges don’t fit through the holes at all. So I had to drill them out. They’re also not long enough to catch the t-nuts.

This is all after they forgot hardware from my first order.

I gotta make a trip to ace today to get screws that will fit.

End result: cannot emphasize enough how good the instructions and build plans are. They made the assembly easier to understand than any Lego set I made as a kid. 100% worth the price.
Would probably get the aluminum extrusion bars and hardware myself if I were to do this again.

Platform fully open
A54C0162-1CE1-4E7F-B1A8-47923535FE67.jpeg

Mattress Extended
(just took it out of the packaging. Need to let it expand.)
A3B30AA3-395E-440E-A1E9-46AA3098EEE1.jpeg

The height is perfect to just clear these slim Milwaukee tubs I got from Home Depot. They fit most of my recovery gear. The rest is in 2 knock off pelican cases.

all in all, super stoked with the build plans and design of this platform. I certainly couldn’t have come up with something better for the cost of materials.

F42235B3-761A-44CD-AC95-0A8C7AEFDD1C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom