SOR sliding fj40 cargo windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interested.................
I can reach out to the owner to discuss a group discount option. The first step is to trace the window opening onto chip board or something more rigid than cardboard for them to use as a template.

I realize we all have different model/years, but do any of you have an opening without a window in it that we can use as a template to get started?

I have a hardtop side with no window in it and the glass sitting right here I can measure. This is a rear lift hatch style hardtop, not sure if there were changes?

I’ll have the measurements posted within an hour.

Not sure if this is relevant: but for those of us with factory roll bars, it would be nice if the slider would work. I think that I read somewhere that some folks were having an issue.

Here we go. Probably a good idea for someone else to measure too just to verify but I got essentially the same measurements on both hardtop sides and both glass pieces I have here (less than 1/32” differences). These windows would need to be right and left specific.
The hardtop opening is 34” long and 15.25” tall. The front lower corner has a radius of roughly 3.5”; I say roughly because it opens up near the straights. Almost like a 3.5” radius the first 1/3, then 3.375”r the center 1/3, then back to 3.5”r the last 1/3. Pic below…. The other 3 corners are all 1.75” radius constant.
image.jpg

The glass (if needed) is 33.375” long and 14.75” tall. It is .2” thick. The big radius is a constant 3.3125” and the 3 smaller are all 1.125” r.

Hardtop flange is between .008”-.011” thick and stands out as little as .31” to as much as .45”.

Here we go. Probably a good idea for someone else to measure too just to verify but I got essentially the same measurements on both hardtop sides and both glass pieces I have here (less than 1/32” differences). These windows would need to be right and left specific.
The hardtop opening is 34” long and 15.25” tall. The front lower corner has a radius of roughly 3.5”; I say roughly because it opens up near the straights. Almost like a 3.5” radius the first 1/3, then 3.375”r the center 1/3, then back to 3.5”r the last 1/3. Pic below…. The other 3 corners are all 1.75” radius constant.
View attachment 3145687

The glass (if needed) is 33.375” long and 14.75” tall. It is .2” thick. The big radius is a constant 3.3125” and the 3 smaller are all 1.125” r.

Hardtop flange is between .008”-.011” thick and stands out as little as .31” to as much as .45”.
Thinking ahead, and in an attempt to minimize the back and forth w/the manufacturer, are you able to place something firm against that window opening and trace it all the way around? Adding the measurements to the full shape?

Thanks for this extra work btw.

Thinking ahead, and in an attempt to minimize the back and forth w/the manufacturer, are you able to place something firm against that window opening and trace it all the way around? Adding the measurements to the full shape?

Thanks for this extra work btw.
I can sure try. I’ll see what I can do today.

By the way…. I’m interested in a set too.

Here is a tracing on some heavy flooring protection paper. Not super rigid but could be transferred to something else? I can send this to you if you’d like?
9091C78A-336F-44F0-B374-EBB5DE6BD748.jpeg

Here is a tracing on some heavy flooring protection paper. Not super rigid but could be transferred to something else? I can send this to you if you’d like? View attachment 3145938
Thanks for putting this together. I'll send this over and share feedback soon.

Cheers.

Thanks for putting this together. I'll send this over and share feedback soon.

Cheers.
Do you need the template or the image good enough? I can get a closer picture if needed.

Do you need the template or the image good enough? I can get a closer picture if needed.
I think this is good for an initial round w/the manufacturer. I cleaned-up and cropped the image(see below) and sent it over, adding that if need be, we could trace it directly onto something firm and send to them. But I think it's great for now, Thanks.

Window_Template.jpeg

I’m in for a pair. Would prefer black for the metal like the old SOR ones.

I might be interested too. Seeing these are going to be sliders and the dimensions aren't symmetrical on each end, doesn't that make these right and left side specific?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom