For Sale Sanibel Island Florida. 1980 FJ40 Original Hardtop with Ambulance Doors and Driver/Passenger Doors Very Good Condition SOLD AS SET ONLY (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came off my 1980 FJ40 20+ years ago and have been in closed garage ever since. All steel with original white paint. Minimal surface rust in a few areas. All glass intact and tinted and mechanical in very good condition. Top has original headliner and tray. Front doors have great mirrors. Local pickup only. Sold as set only … no exceptions ! Asking $8000

4181DCA0-177F-4CBA-A432-2F12B059FCA6.jpeg

D3E6098F-0A4B-471E-B67E-642E8EF37849.jpeg

0FA1B17C-69BA-417E-B5B8-171BC199A91C.jpeg

6CBA9251-FF71-4C80-A28A-A5BF13F54CA4.jpeg

22D955B0-527C-43B4-945D-9D50290DDF39.jpeg

741CCB2B-AE61-4E0C-B65E-C3B916683846.jpeg

CB1EC7C1-9F20-4FC3-BBE0-57B54D22F3F2.jpeg

37CAE257-E5A5-44B6-BBB9-914424132B7D.jpeg

0D1CA133-B217-491D-83CE-AD83DA8FDF92.jpeg

DD49E8F2-5E08-41FA-A46C-6CE0B3CE82EE.jpeg

How about $2500?

More like $2000-2500. No way anyone will bite at $8000

:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

Take it to eBay. Plenty of shill bidders there.

Thank all who have looked and commented on the item for sale. Funny stuff 😂 Please feel free to come look at the top and doors. I am open to a FAIR price and being educated on what is a fair price. Came to that asking price after looking on internet and finding only front doors selling for $1500each and parts such as windows and the mechanical for about the same. I want the set to go to a person who really wants or needs it and that is why I posted here and not eBay or Craigslist. Would like the name of other web sites such as this to also post.
Thank you all !

The members who have already commented are trying to educate you on value- concensus amongst some of the most knowledgeable people here (or likely anywhere, at least regarding fj40s) is that fair market value is 2000-2500. If you want nosebleed prices you'll need to eBay it as previously mentioned. To do that, You'll also need to be willing to break up the set into individual components, sell them individually and also pack/ship them. Also, I'd be interested in seeing the bottom of the front doors after having been stored for 20 years on a concrete slab in a humid salty climate

Came to that asking price after looking on internet and finding only front doors selling for $1500each and parts such as windows and the mechanical for about the same.
I don't have a need for these but just curious if you see these items "selling" or just listed for those prices? I have seen some really high prices lately on other parts on ebay (and elsewhere for that matter) but I don't see items moving that I am watching. Not sure if that's the new reality or just fishing expeditions. I guess time will tell. GLWS

I don't have a need for these but just curious if you see these items "selling" or just listed for those prices? I have seen some really high prices lately on other parts on ebay (and elsewhere for that matter) but I don't see items moving that I am watching. Not sure if that's the new reality or just fishing expeditions. I guess time will tell. GLWS
As I said before, I really want this fairly rare piece of FJ40 to land in the hands of a person that wants the real deal ’. If I was a FJ 40 person,I was and now have other auto demons, I would negotiate for this. Complete set that bolt on ! I am open to a fair price that I know will be incredible to that person. That is what I am about, nothing more.
I just want to let this rare set find life because I love automobiles ! I may be a Nubie to this site but I love automobiles . The set is worth $5-6K despite anything. All the glass and mechanical are perfect. The rust is minimal and fixable. Front doors are perfect and have ‘Fern Falls’ painted on them !
They are worth 7K by themselves.
I grew up in the car business and know value and history !
I appreciate your reaching out to me and honest thoughts, you make life real and exemplify what’s ‘RIGHT’ with our country right now ! Thank you !

The members who have already commented are trying to educate you on value- concensus amongst some of the most knowledgeable people here (or likely anywhere, at least regarding fj40s) is that fair market value is 2000-2500. If you want nosebleed prices you'll need to eBay it as previously mentioned. To do that, You'll also need to be willing to break up the set into individual components, sell them individually and also pack/ship them. Also, I'd be interested in seeing the bottom of the front doors after having been stored for 20 years on a concrete slab in a humid salty climate
Thank you for your response ! I will post pics of the perfect doors tomorrow for you ! They even have “Fern Falls “ farm painted on the doors !

if you can get your price, good for you. I don't see that sold on mud at that price point.
listed prices on the internet are great, but what are they actually selling for.
cityracer is bringing in reproduction doors and other body parts, depending on quality, the rare market may not be so in the future.

GLWTS

The problem I see, is your trying to sell to a very limited market. An 1980 or later white umrestored FJ40. The price your asking leaves no room for restoration. If someone is restoring an 1980 or later will want to blow the top completely apart, do the required repairs and lay down paint to the standards of the rest of the vehicle. Keep in mind your ad is listed on a website that is probably the best authority on FJXX's restorations. People here will respond and negotiate to ads that are reasonably priced. Starting at a really high price gets the responses you've received so far.

The problem I see, is your trying to sell to a very limited market. An 1980 or later white umrestored FJ40. The price your asking leaves no room for restoration. If someone is restoring an 1980 or later will want to blow the top completely apart, do the required repairs and lay down paint to the standards of the rest of the vehicle. Keep in mind your ad is listed on a website that is probably the best authority on FJXX's restorations. People here will respond and negotiate to ads that are reasonably priced. Starting at a really high price gets the responses you've received so far.
Thank you kindly…..you are absolutely correct and as I said somewhere below here….I am very open to a FAIR price and want the set to go to a real FJ40 person !

I am very open to a FAIR price and want the set to go to a real FJ40 person !

I guess it is all relative, I thought you had a FAIR offer above from @cruisermatt

I've sold doors thru the years and never got anywhere near $1500 for 1 door

Front doors are perfect and have ‘Fern Falls’ painted on them !
They are worth 7K by themselves.
I grew up in the car business and know value and history !
those doors are FAR from perfect, were you to blast those for repair and repaint (which they need) that bottom edge will be Swiss cheese(it already is, its just hiding under bubbles). I'm sure the rust is even worse on the inner edge and is just hidden under the weatherstrip. those doors will never under any circumstances bring 7k. with very very few exceptions, provenance on a car part means diddly squat in terms of value and sentimental value does not equate monetary value. good luck with your sale, but prepare yourself for disappointment.

Last edited:
The top sides look to be painted over rust. As @Homey15 said, those doors are far from perfect with that rust starting to show though. And as @pb4ugo said, people on here know what they are looking at.

I'm not trying to poop on your ad or parts, but I do want to help set a realistic expectation for you. I think you would be getting a fair price if you sell the whole setup for $2500 and that is if what looks like be bubbles and pitting are photographic artifacts and not rot.

Honestly, GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom