Well, not an LC, but I’m in (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, after bidding on a few 80 Series and losing out by 1 bid twice last week, and visiting Barrett Jackson last week in Houston, I bought this guy today…on BaT. it’s a ‘96 Lexus and it was only 5 miles away. Ill go pick it up tomorrow and see how I did. I’ve never owned any Japanese cars or trucks, but I’ve been lurking this site a while and thought one of these would be a great addition to my little garage. It’s not a triple locked model and it’s got higher miles than the ones I’ve been chasing (292k) but a mechanic had it and it’s had a pretty good amount of the required maintenance done and I got it for not a huge pile of money, It will hang with me here in Houston a while before joining its German brothers way up north in Wisconsin.

1E990BF7-FB14-4B42-BC1E-65AF6AC8778F.jpeg
BB562B43-B2C1-4354-A4E6-D2D6A627E573.jpeg
FAF3A9E2-5F85-425F-96F1-B07724035138.jpeg
DB4B98EA-C155-4D81-A34E-D2EE7BE15DB8.jpeg
A23886ED-DB61-4152-AA6E-C06BDE0520B6.jpeg
up north in Wisconsin.

1E990BF7-FB14-4B42-BC1E-65AF6AC8778F.jpeg

How‘d I do?

RB

Looks awesome. What part of WI do you stay at? Not a whole lot of 80s up here and if you do see one they're usually rotted.

It's an 80 series, says so right on the frame behind the PS front tire.
But you need to wear your pink panties to wheel with the LC badged guys.:grinpimp:
I run a pair of the :princess: up the antenna like a flag.

Looks good. The only thing standing out is the HG job not looking to include any form of head work at nearing 300k. Obviously possible it wasn't needed but certainly is one of those things I would be doing while in there at that mileage.

Looks awesome. What part of WI do you stay at? Not a whole lot of 80s up here and if you do see one they're usually rotted.
I live and work in downtown Houston where cars never see road salt but are subject to the occasional hurricane. I find old cars and bikes I want down south or out west and get them way up to Sister Bay, WI. I have a little shop there where I keep my stuff tucked away. It’s so much easier to start with rust free cars.

Looks good, with a lot of money spent fairly recently. It's an 80-definitely an LC. One unusual feature is the push button start ignition. I briefly looked at some of the photos on BAT but didn't read the comments. What's up with that?

Looks good, with a lot of money spent fairly recently. It's an 80-definitely an LC. One unusual feature is the push button start ignition. I briefly looked at some of the photos on BAT but didn't read the comments. What's up with tha

Seller states the key locks on front doors not working so they installed keyless entry and ignition. That must be the push button.

Nice! I was just watching this earlier today. I have a feeling this is way cheaper than buying a clean stock 80 and fixing and building it up with all the mods etc.

Is there much of an off-roading/overlanding scene in Wisconsin?

I don’t have any particular plans for this rig other than to enjoy it and give it a good home. I will clean it up real well and do the work to improve its longevity. I don’t have any new stuff In my garage. My newest car is an ‘02 and most of my stuff is much older than that. I just appreciate the quality, simplicity, and excellence that is built into these things. They’re legendary. I like having stuff like that…stuff you can work on. There are very few things in the world that are so good that they really cannot be improved upon. I think these things make that list.

And here I was thinking I had nothing to look forward to..

As far as I know my fzj has never had a front axle service lol. I don't hear any noises and its had an easy life on 31s, but it still probably should be done sooner or later I reckon

I don’t have any particular plans for this rig other than to enjoy it and give it a good home. I will clean it up real well and do the work to improve its longevity. I don’t have any new stuff In my garage. My newest car is an ‘02 and most of my stuff is much older than that. I just appreciate the quality, simplicity, and excellence that is built into these things. They’re legendary. I like having stuff like that…stuff you can work on. There are very few things in the world that are so good that they really cannot be improved upon. I think these things make that list.
Get the bottom coated with Fluid Film or Woolwax before you subject it to Wisconsin roads.

Nice! I was just watching this earlier today. I have a feeling this is way cheaper than buying a clean stock 80 and fixing and building it up with all the mods etc.

Get the bottom coated with Fluid Film or Woolwax before you subject it to Wisconsin roads.
None of my stuff ever sees road salt. It’s either stored during the winter, driven on Washington Island (the island does not allow road salt, only sand), or it gets moved to Houston for the winter. IH8roadsalt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom