The Great ONSC Gun Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I need to pay more attention to mud specifically this thread.

I think I need to pay more attention to mud specifically this thread.
Exactly Q. I missed it by a fraction of a second. I would take the free 16 gauge......

Pulled this out of the closet also.
1100 Remington 12 gauge,
13AD4355-D89D-43E8-BE30-025D102BE78E.jpeg
77CB8E04-B796-4DA8-A92A-DC8A8E1458A2.jpeg
production date 1983. Owned by a tall little old man. A few dove hunts and skeet shoots. Not a lot of use.
Shane

C882A386-38BB-4694-8C1B-5E0990D94DB4.jpeg

I have two 1100s, one field gun and one competition. Great shooting shotguns!

Good score, they are HARD to find... LOVE mine and highly recommend the Shield sight if you are looking for a RDS...
Thanks! Found it at Academy in Charlotte area and apparently got lucky and saw it online right when it popped up. Glad I bought it online too since the sales person said they had 4 different folks come in store trying to buy it afterwards before I showed up.

Definitely interested in a RDS shortly. Been looking into different brands. The shield and swampfox both seem well reviewed. This will be a CCW for me which will be new. Although I've been shooting handguns, shotguns, rifles for years, I've never had my own handgun until now. Doing some training at TSA then taking my CCW course in June most likely.

Any Five-seveN owners here? I recently picked one up to see what it's all about. I've got this Dupuytren's contracture thing that has been getting progressively worse and word is that these have decent ballistics with pretty light recoil. I've only been able to find a single box of ammo so I haven't shot it yet; I want to get a little more reserves before sending some down-range. I took some time off my mountain bike but I think I'm ready to give that a try again. It hasn't hampered my larger caliber shooting but suspect it will over time.

nav4eqfchcx41.jpg

Any Five-seveN owners here? I recently picked one up to see what it's all about. I've got this Dupuytren's contracture thing that has been getting progressively worse and word is that these have decent ballistics with pretty light recoil. I've only been able to find a single box of ammo so I haven't shot it yet; I want to get a little more reserves before sending some down-range. I took some time off my mountain bike but I think I'm ready to give that a try again. It hasn't hampered my larger caliber shooting but suspect it will over time.

nav4eqfchcx41.jpg
Very nice pistol, heavy penetration, not sure about the "light recoil" though. I've only shot one once, found it comparable to .40 S&W in the one magazine I was able to run thru it...

Any folks here who go to the range regularly? I've been to TSA a few times mostly cause it's all I know but any other handgun range recommendations? I live in Durham.

I've been to Durham Wildlife Club where my mom was an instructor for a while as well but mostly for skeet/trap shooting.

Also looking for people who want to go shoot sometime. I'll likely be going once a week or so.

Got signed up for my concealed carry class this weekend as well!

My 2¢ TSA is trash. I’ve never liked that place. The staff was always rude and not friendly what so ever. And killed the Experience. I’ve switch everything to OnPoint in Raleigh off capital. They truly make you feel like family there. Always a warm welcome and how can they help you. They don’t have the guns or ammo or accessories that TSA has. But the warm atmosphere makes up for. But this is all my opinion.

My 2¢ TSA is trash. I’ve never liked that place. The staff was always rude and not friendly what so ever. And killed the Experience. I’ve switch everything to OnPoint in Raleigh off capital. They truly make you feel like family there. Always a warm welcome and how can they help you. They don’t have the guns or ammo or accessories that TSA has. But the warm atmosphere makes up for. But this is all my opinion.

this is good feedback! I’ve heard good things about OnPoint. Will definitely make the trip to check them out. My work schedule is fairly flexible in my new job so hoping to go at least once a week during the week when it’s not slam packed.

I prefer to shoot outdoors. It's always my luck to get beside someone shooting a hand cannon and the concussive force is overwhelming. If I do shoot indoors, I like the old Wake County training center (now run by the NC Wildlife) but the COVID rules limited to an hour so it wasn't worth it for the drive. Not sure if it has changed with the recent relaxing of restrictions.

I joined an outdoor range where you can draw from concealment, which is what I generally practice the most. I bring my own steel targets and love the instant feedback.

Would love to do a meet-up and shoot sometime

I prefer to shoot outdoors. It's always my luck to get beside someone shooting a hand cannon and the concussive force is overwhelming. If I do shoot indoors, I like the old Wake County training center (now run by the NC Wildlife) but the COVID rules limited to an hour so it wasn't worth it for the drive. Not sure if it has changed with the recent relaxing of restrictions.

I joined an outdoor range where you can draw from concealment, which is what I generally practice the most. I bring my own steel targets and love the instant feedback.

Would love to do a meet-up and shoot sometime

I'd like shooting outdoors also. I was searching reddit for recommendations and saw True North private range come up which looked nice. Up near Oxford, gated access for members only and various ranges.

I'm always game for a meet up. Would like to meet some other folks in the area who shoot often without going to East Durham in the middle of the night...

Years ago @Mtbcoach told me about a shooting range up in Oxford. Sir something or other. Not sure if they're still around, but that might be an option if you're down to drive that far.

We had a fun time today. I don’t even wanna know how much money we went through. Hahaha 😅😅

1DC1B7A7-2AC2-49D2-8D4A-68A34C29DAE4.jpeg

50614985-6527-4AD5-8FB5-C782E17A5904.jpeg

46F6FD70-4F87-4620-8A81-585455146D51.jpeg

6B14AFC1-D2DC-44B9-BE86-2D4400551AB4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom