Fj45 Question - Country of Origin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.engusa.com
I'm about to buy a very nice Fj45. It Says sept 1976 on the tag. It has drums all around and a full float rear axle. Is there a way to know what country it is originally from? I read the Fj45s stopped being sold in the US in the 60's. I assume this is a South American car or could it come from Canada? It was restored 10 years ago and still has the 2F, OEM carb, 4 speed, etc

I'm about to buy a very nice Fj45. It Says sept 1976 on the tag. It has drums all around and a full float rear axle. Is there a way to know what country it is originally from?

Import documents? title search? carfax? dunno. assuming its LHD the specs do match 45s sold in canada, so that is one possibility. Have a photo you can share?

Offhand, I can’t think of anything that would have been spec’d differently between SA and CND.

were all SA Fj45 RFD?

Do you mean RHD = right hand drive? That would be no. Most are left hand drive. SA generally didn't have heaters whole Canada did. Canada rust is the biggest problem. South and Central America they were used hard and repairs weren't always the best. Plenty have come with a shinny new paint job hiding Bondo and poor repairs. Body and mechanical. Get the model number, Canada the number with end with K.

dash pad in Canada, I didn't think SA rigs got dash pads

I know the back bed is not original. I was the fj45 was totally restore 10 years ago. The entire vehicle. I have a 1975 fj40 I have built. However my engine is not rebuilt. This fj45 runs so smooth/quiet when I first drove it I thought I stalled out with my foot off the gas as it was so quiet.
EF30078F-BB1C-4C7E-998B-47CFF249998A.jpeg

E50B2F6C-AD63-476E-ADD0-386F94027ABD.jpeg

D812D6FB-12AA-49C1-A052-73231D8EF5BF.jpeg

back bed not original? looks correct to me

most likely Canadian

ITs a KK model number so Canada. Ran great on the 2 hour drive home until I had to brake hard for a light and 10 min later I noticed the drums were all locking up. I pulled over and I’m stuck. I can’t push the car to roll it and when I drive I can tell the brakes are engaged. I’m too far from home I need to get it towed so a shop can free on the drums.

It might be the master cylinder not releasing pressure due to a misadjusted pedal stroke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom