What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the old girl and family down into Downtown Frisco Texas for some tacos and to just take in the local Holiday Cheer. Wanted to try out some of the nighttime photo capabilities on my phone as well so I hopped out and took a few quick shots of the Cruiser at night. Looks OK but I am prolly not doing something right. Shots have some blur to them. Not sure what I am doing with it yet but it was actually quite dark on this stretch of Main street so interesting to see how these new night photo capabilities light things up.

IMG_6019.jpg
IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg
IMG_6022.jpg

Last edited:
I have embarked on a personal mission to completly map out the 100% LED update of both the 60 and 62 , My way ........

using All shock proof water proof TOP shelf bulbs , NO super bright china SH#T here ....

I’m in for a full set of what you come up with. Those look darn good.

No pics but the freaking battery died at 8pm on Christmas Eve. A friend’s oven died and we were delivering tools when the voltage plummeted. Glad I watch the gauges.
Whenever I see a battery die while driving, I suspect the alternator, VR or wires between the battery and the alternator. When my voltage started dipping below 12v it was the voltage regulator. Simple fix, toyota replacements available, just a few screws and unplug.

Damn lol...I need a 4wd sensor and a new reverse sensor. I pulled that yesterday when I called. At some point my sensor got fried by the exhaust. I think I found an exposed wire on the reverse switch which was shorting the wipers. Wipers work now lol
Not my 60, but found one at a pick in pull in Denver. My oldest @mcguirejohnson and I spent the day getting as much as we could. Really just wanted the T-Case since it’s an 87 but was quicker to remove the whole drivetrain. View attachment 2536846

Whenever I see a battery die while driving, I suspect the alternator, VR or wires between the battery and the alternator. When my voltage started dipping below 12v it was the voltage regulator. Simple fix, toyota replacements available, just a few screws and unplug.

That was my first thought, and is still there. The alternator was replaced by the PO with an aftermarket reman a couple years (and about 1500 miles) ago.

However, it sat with the battery stone dead for a couple months before I bought it. I’m honestly surprised the battery took a charge at all, let alone last as long as it did.

I may still try the 90A upgrade, though. I’m due to pull it into the garage to send away the injectors; that would be a good time to mod the engine mount.

Curious, what does deleting the coolant flow to the throttle body accomplish? Don't recall reading that in any 3FE desmog info.

That intake plenum looks great...hopefully it stays a lot cleaner without the EGR devil hooked up to it.
It's really only there to prevent icing in cold weather. I only run mine in the summer and I'm just trying to clean everything up and eliminate as much crap as possible.

Washed underside of hood and installed new hood insulator with new clips.
Also, cleaned Front hub center caps.

Attachments

• 08AF4568-E9A9-4E26-A6A1-94921E4D0894.jpeg
    08AF4568-E9A9-4E26-A6A1-94921E4D0894.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 8048B868-8E6A-4001-BEE9-11707831170E.jpeg
    8048B868-8E6A-4001-BEE9-11707831170E.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 48
A little late to post but did the annual trip out to get our tree.
View attachment 2537412
Mike, not sure if I’ve seen a pic of your truck in the past, but man it is nice looking. Curious if it ever had the flares. Also, I need to find a set of those wheels. Unfortunately there are not a lot of them floating around the lower 48.

Mike, not sure if I’ve seen a pic of your truck in the past, but man it is nice looking. Curious if it ever had the flares. Also, I need to find a set of those wheels. Unfortunately there are not a lot of them floating around the lower 48.
Looks like a European hj60/61? Really dig it as well

Since I took my transfer case boot off to pull my reverse light and 4wd switch es this past weekend, I decided to do the 2lo mod.

2lo and behold a po had removed the bracket at some point. I have had 2lo all this time and didn't even know it. Lol. Now I need to find a bracket to mod and reinstall. Haha

Big shout-out to Tony Farson! He helped me move my 62 from medford,OR to Cedar City,UT.

The transmission gave up, I had the 62 stored in Medford and moved home to Cedar city with the 100.
I asked for help in our community and boom, Tony drove all those 1,5k miles or so. Incredibly thankful.

I've had this 62 for 12 years or so, looking forward to putting a 5 speed in.

Thanks Tony!

20201226_161110.jpg
20201228_081829.jpg

No pics but the freaking battery died at 8pm on Christmas Eve. A friend’s oven died and we were delivering tools when the voltage plummeted. Glad I watch the gauges.
Two years ago my mother’s oven broke three hours before thanks giving dinner and we had 4 pies to finish baking.... we got crafty and threw those things in the green egg smoker. Smoked pecan pie is UNREAL!

I finished up with the power steering conversion with the “kit” from @orangefj45 and installed tailgate storage from Huracan Fab.

135A8A79-1A60-4096-A699-A17F61F15BCE.jpeg

01EBC4EB-DDF9-495E-A801-440263FE9480.jpeg

37411BA6-2FC1-4C4E-B5BA-23C1D6C7C741.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom