What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Transformation begins! Starting with chrome delete!

@desmocruiser based on your signature, you sir have a problem, the best kind. Nice collection.

Little things today since the weather was nice.
Took off factory gas tank skid again in prep to put back the BudBuilt one. Removed my 7pin harness so I can replace it. Replaced the window/door trim weather strips.

20200308_151127.jpg

20200308_151122.jpg

20200308_144818.jpg

20200308_144813.jpg

@desmocruiser based on your signature, you sir have a problem, the best kind. Nice collection.

Thanks! Yes certainly a problem.

The collection is 15+ years in the making, I think back to how several of them found me and I just couldn’t say no!

Got the 2013 Land Cruiser back Friday from Eric Sarjeant and his crew at Ed Martin Toyota.

They installed the ARB BP-51's and SPC UCA's with the standard 2" lift in the front and 2721 (soft springs) on the rears.

WOW!!! The Cruiser is HUGE looking with lift, but it still appears somewhat a slightly overgrown stealthy stock...

The ride is amazingly sooth over "series of bumps" when at speed, but the ride "feels firmer" too in other situations???

It is hard to explain and I'm not doing the BP-51 system justice... But I like it!!!

I'm looking forward to slowly adjusting the shocks to try and erase those pesky "pot holes" from entering the peaceful solitude of the serene cabin... LOL...

For those of you with a Land Cruiser and want to have mods professionally installed without worry, Eric and his crew are the answer to the question you ask.

For me the Land Cruiser mods are a list of things I want to eventually complete to build my idea of what the cruiser should be for my family's needs...

I think everyone else on this forum has ideas of what they want as well or are exploring / searching for the best product that is going to "check the box", for them for their next project build, big or small... That's the fun of this forum always seeing what is new or at least what's new to me...

The idea of having the mods installed and not working correctly is something that is absolutely $tomach churning... ( My cruiser was fine, I did this mod and now it squeaks or vibrates or sputters, etc... nightmare... AHHH. $$$$, I never should have messed with that!!!)

No need to worry with Eric...

Eric and his crew John and Julia took care of everything in the most hassle free way and it was a total pleasure dealing with them.

There have been many discussions on this forum where to take your Land Cruiser for good service... Well this is definitely one of the places to be...

I'm talking Rolls Royce concierge service levels... (I am not kidding) better than Lexus, Merc, et al...

Eric had rigs in the shop from a 1,000+ miles away getting every mod in the book installed... and that says a lot...

This is not your average Toyota dealership where Land Cruisers are over priced freaks, this is a dealership and service department knows what the Land Cruiser is and what it can be... and they are happy to assist you in accomplishing that goal.

Thanks again to Eric, John and Julia for all your help, looking forward to the next mod.

Jeff

Got the 2013 Land Cruiser back Friday from Eric Sarjeant and his crew at Ed Martin Toyota.

They installed the ARB BP-51's and SPC UCA's with the standard 2" lift in the front and 2721 (soft springs) on the rears.

WOW!!! The Cruiser is HUGE looking with lift, but it still appears somewhat a slightly overgrown stealthy stock...

The ride is amazingly sooth over "series of bumps" when at speed, but the ride "feels firmer" too in other situations???

It is hard to explain and I'm not doing the BP-51 system justice... But I like it!!!

I'm looking forward to slowly adjusting the shocks to try and erase those pesky "pot holes" from entering the peaceful solitude of the serene cabin... LOL...

For those of you with a Land Cruiser and want to have mods professionally installed without worry, Eric and his crew are the answer to the question you ask.

For me the Land Cruiser mods are a list of things I want to eventually complete to build my idea of what the cruiser should be for my family's needs...

I think everyone else on this forum has ideas of what they want as well or are exploring / searching for the best product that is going to "check the box", for them for their next project build, big or small... That's the fun of this forum always seeing what is new or at least what's new to me...

The idea of having the mods installed and not working correctly is something that is absolutely $tomach churning... ( My cruiser was fine, I did this mod and now it squeaks or vibrates or sputters, etc... nightmare... AHHH. $$$$, I never should have messed with that!!!)

No need to worry with Eric...

Eric and his crew John and Julia took care of everything in the most hassle free way and it was a total pleasure dealing with them.

There have been many discussions on this forum where to take your Land Cruiser for good service... Well this is definitely one of the places to be...

I'm talking Rolls Royce concierge service levels... (I am not kidding) better than Lexus, Merc, et al...

Eric had rigs in the shop from a 1,000+ miles away getting every mod in the book installed... and that says a lot...

This is not your average Toyota dealership where Land Cruisers are over priced freaks, this is a dealership and service department knows what the Land Cruiser is and what it can be... and they are happy to assist you in accomplishing that goal.

Thanks again to Eric, John and Julia for all your help, looking forward to the next mod.

Jeff

Eric has really created a great name for himself in the mud community.

Post a pic when you get a chance so we can admire his fine work.

It's a small thing but I FINALLY was able to grease the front U joints with help from a needle adapter I ordered.
I got the rear ones OK with the regular grease hose but I couldn't get the front ones no way no how.
They all seemed quite dry IMHO for a newish truck with only 7300 miles.

Well it is impossible to de-chrome my LC20 as I have Aussie Push Bar so I am embracing it. I came across Toyota LC emblem (part # 52439-80010) that was used on earlier generation of LC push bars so decided to try it as you can get them cheap on Ebay. So here it is before and after. BTW I thought that it is just a sticker of empty black lettering. Actually those are raised letters with chrome like finish inside to match push bar. So it can be used only on chrome if you don't want to look like an extensive bling. Now I need to change the plate to a blank one so don't over-advertise the truck ;)

Before
IMG_4104.jpg

After
IMG_4105.jpg

Over the past three days I've done the following:
12.5k winch in hidden mount.
Tundra front conversion with SPC uppers.
Locked diffs with 4.30 gears.
Mounted DC-DC charger.

Still to do:
Finish wiring the winch and clearancing the radiator cover for solenoid box.
Alignment.
Wire lockers.
Break in gears.
Probably a lot more that I'm not thinking of...

Pictures are in chronological order, winch was in a different shop than the rest of the work because of availability.

Front fascia removed for the winch.
20200312_153510.jpg

Winch in still a lot to do to get it operational though.
20200312_174745.jpg

200 LCA on top, Tundra LCA on bottom.
20200313_141006.jpg

Tundra CV on top, 200 CV on bottom.
20200313_170717.jpg

New diff and Tundra arms in, old diff on the ground.
20200313_195233.jpg

Last edited:
More pics.

All the Tundra goodness.
20200313_195241.jpg

Old diffs.
20200314_115535.jpg

Showing wider front track once it was on the ground.
20200314_130938.jpg

Attempt at track width comparison pic.
20200314_180000.jpg

Another angle on the track comparison.
20200314_180006.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a Hypertech inline speedometer calibrator, part number 730103/730199. It installs just before the guage cluster, and intercepts the CANH/CANL signals. Originally intended for a Tundra, it took some deciphering and modifications to make it work for the LC.

Primary difference between the Tundra and LC gauge clusters are the connectors on the back. The Tundra uses a large J28, and the LC uses a J17 and J18 E7 and E8 connector, which meant it wasn't exactly plug and play. Combing through the Tundra and LC EWDs, I depinned/pinned the hypertech harness into the LC loom, and reinstalled the gauges. A good tip i picked up on the tundra forums is to leave the USB cable attached to the hypertech computer and route out the bottom of the dash. In the event of a tire size change, I won't have to disassemble the dash again. I saved my EWD notes if anyone is interested in the specifics.

I programmed the hypertech with 285/60R18 original tire size, with a new tire size of 295/70R18, for about a 10% change. On the highway the speedometer reads about 1mph slow (just like on stock tires), but the odometer is 100% correct again. I would definitely recommend for those with drastic tire size changes over stock.

*Corrected connector numbers.

Last edited:
@ttrmike
Very interested in details.
I had one of those in my Tundra and have been trying to find a similar solution for the 200.

Small things, but installed LED Fog lights (morimoto 2 stroke 2.0, 5500k) to compliment the morimotos already in the low beams. Picture shown with stock yellow halogen on right hand side of vehicle. I highly recommend the Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 led bulbs for white (not blue) color. There are “brighter” options, but many have a blue tint in appearance.
46B8A133-57F9-4F6F-9C32-2E3CFC2129A8.jpeg

Installed a Hypertech inline speedometer calibrator, part number 730103/730199. It installs just before the guage cluster, and intercepts the CANH/CANL signals. Originally intended for a Tundra, it took some deciphering and modifications to make it work for the LC.

Primary difference between the Tundra and LC gauge clusters are the connectors on the back. The Tundra uses a large J28, and the LC uses a J17 and J18 connector, which meant it wasn't exactly plug and play. Combing through the Tundra and LC EWDs, I depinned/pinned the hypertech harness into the LC loom, and reinstalled the gauges. A good tip i picked up on the tundra forums is to leave the USB cable attached to the hypertech computer and route out the bottom of the dash. In the event of a tire size change, I won't have to disassemble the dash again. I saved my EWD notes if anyone is interested in the specifics.

I programmed the hypertech with 285/60R18 original tire size, with a new tire size of 295/70R18, for about a 10% change. On the highway the speedometer reads about 1mph slow (just like on stock tires), but the odometer is 100% correct again. I would definitely recommend for those with drastic tire size changes over stock.
Did you capture any photos of the pin work you did? I've been contemplating the Hypertech as well. I've hear it is night and day difference.

Primary difference between the Tundra and LC gauge clusters are the connectors on the back. The Tundra uses a large J28, and the LC uses a J17 and J18 connector, which meant it wasn't exactly plug and play. Combing through the Tundra and LC EWDs, I depinned/pinned the hypertech harness into the LC loom, and reinstalled the gauges. A good tip i picked up on the tundra forums is to leave the USB cable attached to the hypertech computer and route out the bottom of the dash. In the event of a tire size change, I won't have to disassemble the dash again. I saved my EWD notes if anyone is interested in the specifics.

A separate thread for this pls!!! Interested in deets.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom