Who has the HIGHEST mileage on an 80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

impressive!!
I now have 298k on my 1993 and runs tops. This thread makes me think I can go ahead and sell the spare, rebuilt with 20k on it motor I have sitting in my garage. Haha

A69B1138-A6D9-4FBE-A514-E34E86EFC7B7.jpeg
Just under 70.000 kilometers that is the opposite. Probably one of the least used.

Free the beast from that damage multiplier grill guard so it can retain it's beauty and condition going forward.

The Bull is bad ass. Grill Guard has been there from the beginning as has the tow package...towed my boat many miles. The front of the 96 isn't that pretty without it. Durability as well is undeniable. Still looking for celebratory ideas for 500K.

20200207_163209.jpg

Just want to add that I've kept meticulous records mileage wise and above shows 496496 mileage. I have many more photos documenting mileage. I used Mobil1 10 W 30 Oil from the start to present. There have been 3 head gasket jobs, top end engine work only. Original Engine. Original transmission. 2 front hub to hub suspensions from Cruiserparts.net were used. 2 radiators. Water Pump (2). Original Cats. One interior redo. Starters (2). Alternators (2). Many other consumables. Very Durable Vehicle. Long Live The Bull.

Durability as well is undeniable.

Durability is always impressive until it is tested. Keep up the good driving and keep your fingers crossed against other drivers and wild game ;)

Mark...

Just want to add that I've kept meticulous records mileage wise and above shows 496496 mileage. I have many more photos documenting mileage. I used Mobil1 10 W 30 Oil from the start to present. There have been 3 head gasket jobs, top end engine work only. Original Engine. Original transmission. 2 front hub to hub suspensions from Cruiserparts.net were used. 2 radiators. Water Pump (2). Original Cats. One interior redo. Starters (2). Alternators (2). Many other consumables. Very Durable Vehicle. Long Live The Bull.
WHY so many HG? Factory T HG used?

Great to see many 80's with over 200k Purchased with 78k in 2003. Drove until 276k and head gasket went. Rebuilt head gasket with new hoses, gasket etc. Big expense before that was Catalytic converter, about 200k Hoping with Head gasket to go 350-400k. Concern now is burning oil, common from what I understand.
Currently have 286K ih8mud has been wonderful

LandCruiser second half 305.JPG

LandCruiser second half 151.JPG

Great to see many 80's with over 200k Purchased with 78k in 2003. Drove until 276k and head gasket went. Rebuilt head gasket with new hoses, gasket etc. Big expense before that was Catalytic converter, about 200k Hoping with Head gasket to go 350-400k. Concern now is burning oil, common from what I understand.
Currently have 286K ih8mud has been wonderful

If you had a valve job done, it probably fixed the oil consumption. Many times it's bad valve seals.

If you had a valve job done, it probably fixed the oil consumption. Many times it's bad valve seals.
Hi Dave, Did consider that when the head was off. Input recieved was that the rings are the main problem. Had not heard about the valve seals are a contributing factor. Thanks for the input.

Hi Dave, Did consider that when the head was off. Input recieved was that the rings are the main problem. Had not heard about the valve seals are a contributing factor. Thanks for the input.

Do a leakdown test.

What were your compression numbers before and after HG?

What were your compression numbers before and after HG?
I will look into a leak down test. Unfortunatly I did not do a compression test. As a newbie and back yard mechanic a little uneducated. It was a fun project and would not be afraid to do again. It seemed that the HG issue was kind of a old story. Your input is greatly appreciated as it does inspire me keep after the maintence and repairs. It is ongoing with the rear heater next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom