Who has the HIGHEST mileage on an 80??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search here in the 80 tech section for a thread about highest mileage on 80's and I found nothing!
I think we have all boasted at one point or another about how dependable our 80's are, right?
So how about some proof!!!

I want to see how many miles have been gotten out of the ORIGINAL motor, transmission and transfer case! No TOTAL rebuilds or swaps only preventative maintenance please!!!:D

HERE'S WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

1) State the year of your 80 and how many miles are on it.

2) Post a pic of your odometer and exterior of your 80.

3) List what maintenance you've had to do to keep your Cruiser going for soooo long.

Here's mine...and I know I'm no where close to being the highest.

1993 FZJ80 and I have 205,207!

I purchased my cruiser with 202K on it so I don't know about all the maintenance that's been done to it!:doh:
The only thing I've had to do is replace the PS pump.:hillbilly:
c007.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

Post up...can't wait to see how high the mileage gets!:steer::cheers:

Last edited:
319 100

3 x locked 94 (dark green) flareless by PO. Bought with 317xxx and no service records but I do know that the HG was messed with. Runs great and the A/C still blows cold. I will get pict this evening.

Running 255/75/17 BFG muds on FJC rims.

Ha ha... well thats all fine and good... but others will want to know how you're getting almost six hundred miles a tank... :)

JK. No pics....

1992 FJ80- Dark blue bottom, light blue top. Has *only* 195,000. Only things replaced... one birf, brake pads, couple or three alternators... Thats about it. :)

My 1991 FJ80 had 226k+ miles on it when I took out the 3FE to do my diesel swap. The 3FE was still running well and didn't lose any oil...not bad. Don' have any maintenance records either, and I don't know what the cheap NAPA alternator indicated. :D

1993 FZJ80 186,500 miles as of 06/02/09

photo will be added later

I purchased at ~100K miles. The head has been off sometime before I owned it, and I presume the HG was replaced.
The only significant items that have outright failed on me are the starter and the AC compressor. Leaks have included a t-case rear output seal, front diff gasket, and front end inner axle seals. It receives the full PM treatment.

i had 219,000 on my 93 when i sold it in feburary

92 Odo reads 209k but with the larger tires being on there for about 100k. Closer to 230k.

Original birfs, rear shafts, engine, tcase, tranny, drive shafts, starter, alt, oil filter, fuel filter (last two were a joke)
Only thing that is different is the radiator.

OK, I'll play.

1. 1994 FZJ80 current mileage: 216969

2. Pics below:

3. Purchased used in 1999 with 129078 miles. Baselined with Amsoil synthetic engine oil; Amsoil synthetic gear oil in center, rear and front diffs; Amsoil synthetic grease in front wheel bearing pack, Amsoil synthetic in all greased zircs including u-joints & slip joints, & knuckle checks & adds. Amsoil remote mounted bypass & full flow filter housing. Washable Amsoil airfilter.
Exceptions to normal maintenance: Replaced front brake rotors, replaced starter with NAPA lifetime guaranteed (2nd time this March), replaced radio mast, replaced several broken wheel studs during tire rotation, drill & retap both rear lower shock mount bolts, replace brake lines with extended SS when OME suspension added, replaced passenger R.view mirror glass & modified both mirrors for shakey syndrome, replaced alternator brushes, advanced ignition timing to 5*BTDC and all other mods in sig line. The engine, tranny, 3rd members & center diff are all original and have not been cracked open AFAIK.

111_1163.jpg
Parked in street.jpg

Last edited:
I need to take pics of my ODO .. and my 1HD-T counts .. ?

are around 370,XXX km on she ..

here ( was a year ago or so .. )

main.php

how she looks after my tranny swap ..

main.php

so how does one know for sure if a used 200K truck that is 18 years old has had no rebuild work done on the engine or Trans?

one '93 with 227,000
one with 217,000
one 92 with 320,000

no major repairs and only nominal maint on any of them

pics of odometers? never bothered to take any, sorry

Mark...

so how does one know for sure if a used 200K truck that is 18 years old has had no rebuild work done on the engine or Trans?
Just use your best judgement.:meh:

It's fine if you have done things like the HG or even going into the x-fer to replace a gear ect... Just list what you've done!

Just no total rebuilds however if you have 400k on your motor but had to rebuild the trans I would still like to hear about that!!:clap:

Bought my 96 LC from original owner six months ago, it now has 335679 miles on it. All routine work and maintenance was done. Knock on wood but the truck is running great and taking it in for new condensor/compressor. I will send a picture later when I leave work. Most of the miles on the vehicle were highway of course. If not that is 26k a year in off-roading that would be sick. I also have a 97lx450 with 166 original miles. I am second owner on both vehicles. My wife drives the lx and I offered to buy her new sequia but she she no I love my lx. So we are officially the land cruiser family of the neighborhood. SWEET I wouldnt have it any other way.

Bought my 96 LC from original owner six months ago, it now has 335679 miles on it. All routine work and maintenance was done. Knock on wood but the truck is running great and taking it in for new condensor/compressor. I will send a picture later when I leave work. Most of the miles on the vehicle were highway of course. If not that is 26k a year in off-roading that would be sick. I also have a 97lx450 with 166 original miles. I am second owner on both vehicles. My wife drives the lx and I offered to buy her new sequia but she she no I love my lx. So we are officially the land cruiser family of the neighborhood. SWEET I wouldnt have it any other way.
Very Cool!! Looking forward to the pics!!

Oh BTW here's the official newbe salute :flipoff2:...welcome!

94 LC

1994 lc with 242,000 miles maybe more 5 owner maybe more so far so good but beginning to wonder.

There was one for sale a couple of months ago here in seattle. It was a '94 and had 409 k on the odometer. Ran just purdy... but the dealer was still asking 5k for the thing.

Me: I own a 93 with 199 on the OD and I just did the HG. I've also got a '92 with 252k and the old 3 FE is still running like a champ! No signs of surgery anywhere!

220 and change on a '94. Bought it with 72K on it in '98.
second block, third alt., second intake tube, 3rd battery.

paint looks horrible. Like chalky deoderant on a dark shirt.

needs a full set of bushings, a 4"+ lift and lockers.
seats are all dried and cracked, sunroof leaks, rear door is bowed like a soup bowl and the speakers are crispy and crumbling foam.

My antenna still works, but only half of the lights on the dash, at certain times. It's got a whistle out of the exhaust somewhere, but I cant find it. It's got a death wobble in the steering when I get on the brakes hard. Been thru about 4 sets of pads and rotors, 3 sets of treads....sometimes the rear passenger window decides to go all the way down, and when I hit bumps on the freeway my dome lights flicker. Oh, and the rear slider windows leak and my front has been cracked for 10 years.

I call it just right.

I need to take pics of my ODO .. and my 1HD-T counts .. ?

are around 370,XXX km on she ..

here ( was a year ago or so .. )

main.php

how she looks after my tranny swap ..

main.php

i see those slider steps on photos of non-US cruisers all the time. are they sliders? steps? running boards? OEM? aftermarket? i can't figure it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom