Highest Quality Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a new radiator. I have read about the Chinese options but would prefer the best I can get. I can get OEM for $600. Is there something that fits up perfectly that beats OEM?

I've fitted the OEM and Koyorad. Not a lot of difference as far as i can tell. You need to add the foam strips on the Koyorad. I'm not repulsed by all things chinese but I tend to stay away unless there is good evidence of quality. If you have deeeeep pockets there are hand made options such as Ron Davis.

It depends on how many times you have personally broken the tap for the water by-pass hose number 3 from the plastic tank. If you're one of the fortunate few who've never done it, the Toyota radiators are the bomb. After about the third time, you'll get a metal tank model and won't look back.

Can you recommend a metal tank model?

I switched to a metal CSF radiator thinking it was better than the plastic OEM ones. It did not cool as well. The 1FZFE ECU cuts off AC when engine temps climb to give life cooling to the engine. My AC crapped out at critical trips multiple times and could not figure it out! Replaced condenser, compressor, drier, etc. Finally figured it out. I did some research on Mud and those that live in the hottest terrain in the middle east and Arizona use TYC OEM type. I swtiched to that and upped my blue fan clutch to 15000 cps and its been rock solid ever since!

I know you said you want the best but, I didn't want the nipple on an OEM radiator breaking on me again.

20221231_160011.jpg

Ordered a Leiland right after getting back; incident happened 8 hours away from home where I had our 2 dogs and pregnant wife with me.

20221231_155721.jpg

Fit like a glove.

20230102_131431.jpg

While I was in there, it gave me an opportunity to; replace my steering damper (OME), replace my power steering pump (had an extra OEM, rebuilt it), replace my drive belts, replace all power steering hoses including the high pressure line, even replaced the bolts and bushings for mounting the radiator. Chose to go with a new OEM cap vs the Leiland cap that came with.

Living in Central Cali, it was hitting +110 here and the rig stayed at a nice 175-180 with the AC on even.

I know you said you want the best but, I didn't want the nipple on an OEM radiator breaking on me again.

View attachment 3383034

Ordered a Leiland right after getting back; incident happened 8 hours away from home where I had our 2 dogs and pregnant wife with me.

View attachment 3383035

Fit like a glove.

View attachment 3383036

While I was in there, it gave me an opportunity to; replace my steering damper (OME), replace my power steering pump (had an extra OEM, rebuilt it), replace my drive belts, replace all power steering hoses including the high pressure line, even replaced the bolts and bushings for mounting the radiator. Chose to go with a new OEM cap vs the Leiland cap that came with.

Living in Central Cali, it was hitting +110 here and the rig stayed at a nice 175-180 with the AC on even.

🇨🇳

I have a CSF in one of my 1995s. It's been great, but...I had to take it to a radiator shop and have it disassembled, cleaned and resoldered before I could use it. I can't say what the quality was before the repair, it was a gift, and it was well used when I got it. It has been great for the past two years, though.

I have a CSF in one of my 1995s. It's been great, but...I had to take it to a radiator shop and have it disassembled, cleaned and resoldered before I could use it. I can't say what the quality was before the repair, it was a gift, and it was well used when I got it. It has been great for the past two years, though.

🇨🇳

I have no idea where the CSF I used was made; it was pretty old. I do know it was remade in Charlotte, North Carolina.

I got a plastic Denso rad from RockAuto. It ran around 180$. Haven't had a single issue in 2 years.

☝️ What he said. It's what I put in my 80, as well and has held up well for a few road trips, some off-road, and city driving for the past 3 years. It will be 116F here today; this is Day 25 of temps OVER 110F in a row. I don't worry about engine temps,

☝️ What he said. It's what I put in my 80, as well and has held up well for a few road trips, some off-road, and city driving for the past 3 years. It will be 116F here today; this is Day 25 of temps OVER 110F in a row. I don't worry about engine temps,
☝️ What he said

I drive in the hottest place in the world Dead Sea valley installed CSF could not use it with AC after 3 months I replaced it with TYC

Ron Davis
Leiland

Those are my top choices. Owned both, Leiland = Ron Davis for a fraction of the cost and cool equally well if not better given the same parameters.

I need a new radiator. I have read about the Chinese options but would prefer the best I can get. I can get OEM for $600. Is there something that fits up perfectly that beats OEM?
I went with a CSF radiator too new to give you a review but the quality seemed nice.

This thread is perfect timing. Ordering a TYC; I'm sold. lol. Thanks!

Great,... now you guys are running up the Amazon price just in time for OP to shop...

At least give him a day to buy it! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom