Who has the HIGHEST mileage on an 80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m catching Joey. I’m at 357k on my 93.

I have around 368,000. Will have to check for sure. Did HG preventive. Still purrs.

I was looki old post on page 10 wow 328,and change April 2016 now 405 and change do I drive my 80 that much jeez oil company's should let me be in their commercials

I bought my 3/92 diesel pov-pack 80 in June 2011 with 505 k km's on the clock. Now in the 2nd half of 2018 it's up to almost 642 k km's still on the same original motor. The motor is not a happy camper but it still goes. Dunno how long I'll keep propping up the 1hz before I throw a sigificant amount of money (A$8k or higher) for a turbo diesel (probably Jap import) motor. I'm unconvinced of the benefits of a 1hdft as a long-term motor investment so a 1hdt is a more realistic target.

IMG_2174.jpg
After not owning a vehicle for a couple years and not finding a decent match to replace the 80, I finally found my dream car. I have been looking at Supra's, Mercedes M Class, Tundra's, LX570/2008 LC's, Right Hand Drive Imports and even Sprinters, nothing could fulfill all my needs until I drove the 1988 Celia GT today. I pick it up tonight,(hope it makes it home...)
Guess I will have to join a different forum now :~

Fun little car, a buddy of mine had one of those back in the day.

View attachment 1820561 After not owning a vehicle for a couple years and not finding a decent match to replace the 80, I finally found my dream car. I have been looking at Supra's, Mercedes M Class, Tundra's, LX570/2008 LC's, Right Hand Drive Imports and even Sprinters, nothing could fulfill all my needs until I drove the 1988 Celia GT today. I pick it up tonight,(hope it makes it home...)
Guess I will have to join a different forum now :~
Cool, but how many miles are on it?? Will I go 460k?

E49828CC-05B3-4057-A36D-6244340A9EEE.jpeg

No major work at all since the original owner did some engine work at either 40k miles or 80 k. I can’t ever remember. He is the owner of Lexus dealership in Mobile. Said his wife didn’t change oil in like 12,000 miles and so he did some type of engine work. I doubt it even needed anything then. But no engine or tranny work at all since.

Hah, that speedometer has so many miles on it, it has turned from white to ivory color.

My 93 is now 365k and still chugging along. Had originally thought about buying a rebuilt motor at some point but I’ve decided that I will drive her until she grenades and pick up a 7x Series.

The other night I walked in the house and my wife was sewing American Legion patches on baseball uniforms. It sounded like my 93. Only it didn’t drink 15w-40 Rotella...

93 FZJ...Just hit 320k. Had zero compression on #6 on original engine at 314k. Found a good used motor for less than i could have fixed the other one. A442 is original.

My 93 is at 290k but I feel silly for posting because it literally does sound like a sewing machine and uses only 1 quart of oil in a 5k mile oci. It seems like new to me.

Hey all, long time lurker, finally crossed over.

I have a '97 40th, with 322,500. Daily driver. I just got in an accident. I don't think insurance is going to fix it.

I was up to using a quart of oil every 900 miles or so.

Wondering now about finding another or moving on to 4Runner or a 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom