Miles on a full tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2014 on 34s lift bumper sliders winch rack avg about 220 a tank . On road trips I'll hit maybe 235 avg 75mph and filling up when the light comes on . Best I have ever had was 243 ish . Thinking hippo really liked that fuel . When I had it stock I think it was in the 240s often .

IMG_0768.JPG

Is their a mpg tune lol ? Not that I'm not happy with what I bought. It hauls kids to school and back fine and safe

Here's a related question as the bumper/rack/awning definitely eats into your mileage... What happens if you run it dry??? Can you just add fuel and go or are there issues with priming (like a diesel)?

So who's gonna man up, set the trip meter, and drive her till she's empty?? Kramer-style :steer:

Here's a related question as the bumper/rack/awning definitely eats into your mileage... What happens if you run it dry??? Can you just add fuel and go or are there issues with priming (like a diesel)?

It's a gasoline engine with a modern return fuel system. Put in enough gas for the pickup on the fuel pump to receive, go on your merry way.

FWIW, we can drive from our home near Grand Junction, over the mountains to Denver and still have about 1/4 tank left when we get there. That's about 250-260 miles and two 10,000 ft mountain passes--lots of uphill & downhill.

You can run the tank dry, and then refill it via jerry can and once the fuel pump pushes the air through the line after a few cranks it will start ok. That said, I've read it's really a bad idea to run a modern gasoline vehicle dry because the fuel pump sits inside the tank. The fuel in the tank helps cool and lubricate it. Running the tank dry is hard on the pump. (Note: I've also heard it can cause injector problems, but I don't know if that is actually true or a myth because of confusion with what happens when you run a diesel dry)

When mine was stock I got 19mpg.

Now with all the aerodynamic losses and weight, I'm getting a gentleman's 12.

Doesn't matter what you're doing, highway driving, city driving, towing a F-150 on full flat bed, driving up a mountain... 12. Makes for easy fuel range calculations.

Reactions: HGB
During summer - sea coast trip 700km, avg. speed on highway 160 km/h and fuel consumption was 20L/100 km (11,7 mpg).
My record of being a cheapskate is 1270 km on 132 litres of fuel - so that gives us 22 mpg. That was during my business trip, so I wasn`t in a big hurry :D avg. speed was around 80-90 km/h, also highway.

1GR-FE and 138 L fuel tank.

But really - I don`t care about fuel consumption, even if it`s a lot more expensive in Europe. Best thing is, LC is so reliable, that fuel is the only extra cost to this car ;)

Filip

When mine was stock I got 19mpg.

Now with all the aerodynamic losses and weight, I'm getting a gentleman's 12.

Doesn't matter what you're doing, highway driving, city driving, towing a F-150 on full flat bed, driving up a mountain... 12. Makes for easy fuel range calculations.
Old thread but thought important to post. My 2015 has issue with cruising range. I just topped it off with 10 gallons despite crusing range showing 38 miles. The last three weeks following scheduled service (72k miles) mileage has seemingly been 30% less than normal. This is a city 2015 I remember getting in the high 200‘s for overall range. My Colorado 2008 shows 320 cruising range at fill up but mostly highway and not all day start stop start city driving.
Thinking something was jacked up during service?!

Hi everyone, I've heard people post their average MPG 13-17 average.. But every time I see a picture of the interior cluster on an LC200 with a full tank it says cruising range 230ish..

Is the computer just very inaccurate? How far can you drive past the 0 miles?

Soooo What are your true miles on a full tank?

Mostly city
vs
mostly highway

Much appreciated for your input, I am still just a 4 runner owner :) Am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy a used 14' with 40k miles, or wait a few years and save to see what the full redesign is like.. Anyone know when the full redesign comes?
Dude, get the 2014. 40k........nice!

if you've got larger tires on your truck you are probably getting better mileage than indicated. I have KO2 in a 285 70R17 which are almost 4% larger in radius (and therefore circumference: you know 2πr and all). So, my speed at 60 indicated is actually a little over 62 and my MPG is a 1/2 to 3/4 miles per gallon better than calculated (1/2 city 3/4 hwy). If you are running 33"s it's 5% more and 35"s are 11% more than indicated/calculated.

if you've got larger tires on your truck you are probably getting better mileage than indicated. I have KO2 in a 285 70R17 which are almost 4% larger in radius (and therefore circumference: you know 2πr and all). So, my speed at 60 indicated is actually a little over 62 and my MPG is a 1/2 to 3/4 miles per gallon better than calculated (1/2 city 3/4 hwy). If you are running 33"s it's 5% more and 35"s are 11% more than indicated/calculated.
Thanks, my 2008 is pictured with larger tires, extra weight etc. My cruising range issue is with stock 2015.

Thanks, my 2008 is pictured with larger tires, extra weight etc. My cruising range issue is with stock 2015.

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding your concern. Is your concern that you are getting bad fuel economy? If so, what fuel economy are you getting, how are you measuring it, and how has it changed over time?

Or is your concern that the range indication is inaccurate? Or is your concern that the gas tank is too small?

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding your concern. Is your concern that you are getting bad fuel economy? If so, what fuel economy are you getting, how are you measuring it, and how has it changed over time?

Or is your concern that the range indication is inaccurate? Or is your concern that the gas tank is too small?

I believe his concern is about his range computation being vastly inaccurate

All good, I'm thinking issue is electronic or mechanical device calculating and displaying remaining cruising range.

Are you taking into account that the Land Cruiser considers the last ~4-5 gallons to be a "reserve"? If you run the tank until the cruising range displays 0, you will still have 4-5 gallons in the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom