Miles on a full tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did a tank to empty test here

Are you taking into account that the Land Cruiser considers the last ~4-5 gallons to be a "reserve"? If you run the tank until the cruising range displays 0, you will still have 4-5 gallons in the tank.
To some degree yes, but really just seeming 30% drop in range from fill up following last service with same type driving.

To some degree yes, but really just seeming 30% drop in range from fill up following last service with same type driving.

I say ignore the range screen for the moment and do a basic test when you have a reasonable opportunity to drive an easy 100 miles some time.

Fill your tank...like topped-off full.
Drive a good long stretch of flat, steady highway around 65mph-ish (or whatever you need to drive to hit and stay in upper gear) for 100 miles or more...the flatter, farther, and steadier the better if you want to know highway number.

Calculate miles from google routing...not your odometer...so it’s not subject to tire size.

Pull off...and immediately top off your fuel tank like before (make sure the pump isn’t picky and cutting you off before full).

Do the basic math (miles / by gallons you added back).
—Real numbers.

If you’re steady & carefully control your throttle, you’ll have a decent indicator.

Now for more fun...do it again, but drive like a teenager. 😵😬
-Recalculate, and it will be pretty interesting. :)

Last edited:
I would suggest ignoring the range screen for the moment and do the following when you have a reasonable opportunity:

Fill your tank...like topped-off full.
Drive a good long stretch of flat, steady highway around 65mph-ish (or whatever you need to drive to hit and stay in upper gear) for 50 miles or more...the flatter, farther, and steadier the better.

Calculate miles from google...routing your exact course...not your odometer.

Pull off...and immediate top off your fuel tank like before and note exactly how much it took.

Do the basic math (miles / by gallons you added back).
—Now you’ll have a REAL answer for actual highway mpg that the weird range screen will never give you.

If you’re steady & carefully control your throttle, you’ll have a decent indicator.

Now for more fun...do it again, but drive like a teenager. 😵😬
-Recalculate, and it will be pretty interesting. :)
Interesting or depressing? :(

Or my wife, she has to constantly be pushing hard on one of the two pedals, drives me crazy.

Nooooooo!
I would get out and hitchhike... ;)

I just filled my 2020 for the second time. I didn't keep track of miles this time, but on my first fill, I was averaged 14.4mpg. Per my fuel gauge, I was very close, but not on, empty when I filled. Remaining computed range was down to 11 miles. Truck took 19.575 gallons, so there was roughly five gallons still in the tank even though my computed range was low. Good to know with such a thirsty girl. Stock tires, but not for long. Also, upon filling, my computed range was 281.

Just ran mine down to 3 miles remaining on the Range computer.

~317 miles driven. Over 21 gallons filled back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom