What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this is an old post - but did you reconnect AHC to that shock? Any specific bleeding requirements? Thinking down the road when I may have to replace mine....thanks!

Yes I reinstalled the same shock and reconnected the AHC after installing the spacer. I bled the system per the manual. I ended up having a lot of air in the system after the install. I needed about 4 liters of fluid to bleed all the air out. Make sure you release all the pressure before disconnecting the hoses by bleeding fluid out through the bleeders so that the suspension drops. I did not do this and fluid sprayed everywhere when I disconnected the hose.

Yes I reinstalled the same shock and reconnected the AHC after installing the spacer. I bled the system per the manual. I ended up having a lot of air in the system after the install. I needed about 4 liters of fluid to bleed all the air out. Make sure you release all the pressure before disconnecting the hoses by bleeding fluid out through the bleeders so that the suspension drops. I did not do this and fluid sprayed everywhere when I disconnected the hose.

So the only bleed points are the 4 accumulators and 1 large reservoir underneath. There are no additional bleed points at the shocks if I am understanding correctly.

curious how the new shocks are back filled with fluid then.

Doing an oil change today, only to see how much NC mud is hiding there
Looks like I've got a lot of cleaning to do before the BudBuilt skids come in

20190817_122857.jpg

Installed an Ironman 4x4 2M Instant Awning and have been camping out with my girls in our new M1101 trailer tent

20190815_110735.jpg

20190814_182223-756x1008.jpg

Anybody know where I can find replacement end cap clamps like this?

20190814_182037.jpg

Last edited:
Installed an Ironman 4x4 2M Instant Awning and have been camping out with my girls in our new M1101 trailer tent

View attachment 2060686

View attachment 2060687

Anybody know where I can find replacement end cap clamps like this?

View attachment 2060761

Nice !!

Can you post more pic's of the tent interior and folded up? .. What tent is that?

I have a m1101 and have been thinking of getting some hub adapters and running the toyota wheels on it and fixing it up.

For the part those are called pole c clips you can find then lots of places.

Last edited:
Ditto on more tent details. Been contemplating a similar setup

Added Gloves to the rear box. Learned this trick from a member on here.

IMG_20190818_185452.jpg

Last edited:
Nice !!

Can you post more pic's of the tent interior and folded up? .. What tent is that?

I have a m1101 and have been thinking of getting some hub adapters and running the toyota wheels on it and fixing it up.

For the part those are called pole c clips you can find then lots of places.

I had been looking for M1101/2's for my own build, but GovPlanet for JBLM hasn't had any for awhile and what they did have come up for auction before ended up going pretty high.

Back in April I found this on the Expo Portal.

Finally in June, I arranged a weekend to drive down in my 100 with a friend to pick the trailer up.

From talking to the PO, this particular tent was a manufacturer's sample (changes to the door and awning from the vid below) for Highland Expedition Outfitters for their line of expedition trailers and branded tents. The manufacturer is supposed to be the same one who produces CVT, which HEO now uses. This tent was for their T5 model which was their medium sized trailer.

Here's HEO's T5 vid:

I want to complete the water system and setup a dual battery electrical system with solar and shore charging. In the meantime, Ive added a Honda EU2000I and a small bbq grill. So far this summer I've spent about 3wks in it with my 2 little girls. I'm typing from it now. We sleep width wise on the almost king size mattress. When my wife and baby son join us they all sleep on the foam mattress while I sleep down in the annex on an air mattress with the dog.

Looking forward to many years of enjoyment or until my girls are teenagers. I'm just grateful that they love camping with their dad for the moment.

20190803_201118.jpg

Last edited:
Drove 455 miles this weekend with a full load of people and cargo helping my kids move. Austin>College Station>Sugarland>Houston>Austin. One incident of suprise hard braking (see my thread on this). Hard water mineral spotting from parking overnight by sprinklers that went on. Might have tweaked the alignment going over the tracks in College Station.

Did get a chance to try out some new stuff. Cargo liner and seat back protector from Canvasback. Already had their third row seat covers (with pockets added) and they are nice. Cargo liner was great. Kind of a pain to latch the seats thru the openings since I had them add covers. Second row seatback protectors worked well even if a bit fussy to hook up. Only disappointment. Lots of velcro and the adhesive just doesnt hold in Central Texas summer heat. Also, if I'm trying to protect the interior and keep it looking pristine, why would I want to stick black velcro all over the place?

Mineral water spotting came off with a car wash. At the car wash, they said if the spotting didnt come off, they offer a "vinegar bath"... washing the car down with white vinegar. There's still some mineral water spotting on the black trim around the side view mirror and the B pillar. Anyone know if vinegar is safe to use or is there a better way to get the spots off the black trim?

Mineral water spotting came off with a car wash. At the car wash, they said if the spotting didnt come off, they offer a "vinegar bath"... washing the car down with white vinegar. There's still some mineral water spotting on the black trim around the side view mirror and the B pillar. Anyone know if vinegar is safe to use or is there a better way to get the spots off the black trim?

That works but it's a mix about 1 cup in a 2 gallon bucket of water.

Here's the Canvasback liners/seat protectors I mentioned above. I'm pretty happy with them for protecting the leather and plastic when I have crap to carry. We've been using bins and crates for the college moves the last half dozen years. They stack like legos full and nest nicely for storing between moves.

5w3RDhSGRIuRmEhrKRM74w.jpg

OcOyZU3LSeG5CP%cS004mw.jpg

Hit 30,000 so the stealership changed the oil, and rotated the tires. I picked up some washers while I was there, went home and changed the Diffs and T Case oil with Mobil1. I went ahead and greased the driveline while I was under there.

Anyone have 2¢ about the power steering fluid? I’ve read the factory fluid is far superior to what is accessible stateside and is worth keeping for longer than the service interval. Is that so?

Finally put on my RW's and secured the Maxtrax to the OEM roof rack. Next up is installing my BudBuilt Sliders.
IMG_1392.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom