Diesel gas argument (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we can safely assume you are being pedantic. Unless you can post pics of Bugatti engine in front of a 4l60, 4l80, r700 etc etc
A pic of one in an 80 would give you even more credibility.

Did either of us say anything about GM transmissions or 80 series land cruisers in reference to the claim? He made a broad statement, I refuted it. What does credibility have to do with stating facts?

I hope this all gets sported by the time I my engine blows. I keep expecting a turnkey swap kit for the 5.3. I have about 230K and just finished getting my cruiser where I want it (mostly). Wish there was a no brainer way to keep it on the road long term

Alrighty then..........

In the interest of preventing a derailment.....How big a tire can I fit on my stock FJ?:flipoff2:

What brand should I get? What's the best blade?:flipoff2:

I hope this all gets sported by the time I my engine blows. I keep expecting a turnkey swap kit for the 5.3. I have about 230K and just finished getting my cruiser where I want it (mostly). Wish there was a no brainer way to keep it on the road long term

There is! Change oil and keep the coolant system in good shape......that’s really bout it.

What brand should I get? What's the best blade?:flipoff2:
This kind:

It seems to be a pretty tough trans. Handling diesel torque and close to 20psi turbo 1FZ. For it's size and weight it is impressive.
My neighbor had his 10 wheeler dump truck stuck, I hooked my cruiser up put it in low, locked my cdl and gave it hell, I have 315 tires and I had my cruiser hopping up and down, I think the A343F is agreat transmission, better than the GM one's people want to use, I have had my 6bt Cummins since may 2017 and I daily drive it

Anywho, I average high 20s (with 35s) / low 30s mpg with my 1HDT on long trips here in the PNW. Around town in heavy traffic it's in the high teens (it is what it is).

I have been driving my unmodified HDJ80 for about 2 months now and I have not seen anything like that. I am averaging around 15-16 mpg. I just changed the air filter which seems to have made a decent change. Pretty surprising really. I am just about to fill up my first full tank since and I will see what good it might have done. But so far, driving around the city of Atlanta on a daily basis, I agree with Phil. I have yet to take it on a real trip yet before I get the BEB's replaced (among all the other little things). Great discussion.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what fuel/motor size you choose the physics of pushing a 5-6k lb brick doesn't change- it will always take X amount of energy. Internal Combustion Engines are limited by design in spite of all the latest efforts. An entire worldwide industry has only been able to give us a small percent of efficiency increase using the latest technology.

When my truck was hit a few years ago I was given an Eco-boost F-150 rental. I was excited to see how it would do and ended up quite disappointed. It *can be* a bit more efficient in a very narrow set of circumstances, but overall it drank gas like any other truck I've had.

So pick your favorite and live with it's pros and cons, because it all really comes down to preference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom