Narrowed tundra 10.5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not that I’ve seen...
they are badass diffs though if you can get around the 5-lug issue.

I can't remember the poster but there is a thread on here all about that diff and its upgrades etc. IIRC the shafts weren't bad size wise. custom shafts may be cheaper if you go with a 35 spline carrier/locker. IIRC the stockers are 32 spln?
Search justdifferentials, it may have been one of his threads.

Redrill them sounds crazy but I did back in 86 and flogged it for 175K without any issue.

Yeah, I didn’t think of that but wouldn’t be afraid to. As long as the Tundra flange can support 6-lug.

But if @bugsnbikes was wanting to narrow a housing he’d be getting custom shafts anyways so I guess it’s kinda a moot point.

The infamous Raisin runs the Tundra diffs , since way back when, and it's pretty sick with the Toyota V8, so unless you run it under a pig everything should hold up really well....

Maybe Cruisermatt can post a pic - Cliff is the current owner and he's not on here much.

I'd run the stock width with deeper offset wheels.

has anyone narrowed one of these 10.5” tundra axles?

You could just chop the ends off and weld on 14bff spindles, then get double splined shafts.

But at that point, why

The infamous Raisin runs the Tundra diffs , since way back when, and it's pretty sick with the Toyota V8, so unless you run it under a pig everything should hold up really well....

Maybe Cruisermatt can post a pic - Cliff is the current owner and he's not on here much.

I'd run the stock width with deeper offset wheels.

Actually the Raisin has load-bolted 9.5" front and rear. I was crawling around it extensively at Trukey trot.

You could look into a 100 or 200 series 9.5" rear axle. I think the ring gear is thicker and the pinion is beefier from what I remember. Also the axle shafts are 32 spline vs 30 spline which gives an increase in shaft strength of about 25%. However I have never inspected the 32 spline shafts to see if they neck down much.

Last edited:
Is the 200 9.5" the same as the 100 9.5? Or both 32spline pinion
I believe that the 100 and 200 differentials are the same with the beefier pinion. AFAIK both also have 32 spline axle shafts. The 100 series rear axle has a slightly offset rear differential and the 200 has a centered rear differential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom