Need New Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for suggestions where I can get the best price for a new fuel tank for my 1994 Land Cruiser and what the part numbers are for the tank and the fill tube.

Sorry not much help, but lots of threads here on the tanks. That said seems these things are dropping like flys in the recent months. :(

Fuel tank, 77001-69036
Hose, filler neck, 77706-60090
Hose, breather, 95311-13022

I assume you were asking about the two hoses attached to the filler plate at the top rear of the tank. As to where to get them, the tank's ridiculously expensive from dealer stock, no matter how good your friends are. Salvage tanks are hit or miss. The hoses are OEM stock.

Sorry not much help, but lots of threads here on the tanks. That said seems these things are dropping like flys in the recent months. :(
Yeah, I almost want to take a MUDcation, so the disease doesn't affect my trucks.

Okay, I found a site called ToyotaPartsDeal.com which I was able to get the numbers I needed. As far as what I called the filler tube, that part is call a Fuel Tank Filler Pipe. It looks like the tank itself is $275 less than the dealer. Before I order if anyone can give me any other options it definitely would be appreciated.

Contact @arcteryx for a replacement used tank.

Depending on where you are and what you need. They will be much less than a new tank.

Buy the new high pressure fuel line and replace it while you have the tank down because access is MUCH easier. You will also need new copper washers for that fuel line.

May as well buy all new hoses and gaskets for the fuel pump and inspection covers while you;re at it. And a replacement fuel sock. and maybe a pump WIIT.

Do NOT buy plain hose from local auto parts for the filler hose, as it will kink when installed. You NEED the formed one.

Last edited:
Went that way already and it didn't work. Just ordered parts from the dealer. They gave me a 10% discount which helped a little and I'll have the parts tomorrow. Ordering online was cheaper until S&H was added and then there was the timeline when the parts would might arrive. Right now the rut is on with deer hunting and I need to PU a RV 200 miles away this coming Saturday.

Thanks, this was a big help.
My Lx450 fell pray to that triple pinch spot crack on the top of the tank. I'm sure the charcoal canister needs replacement also since it was pressuring up the tank. If anyone knows that part number that would be a great help, is it from a Buick car?

Thanks, this was a big help.
My Lx450 fell pray to that triple pinch spot crack on the top of the tank. I'm sure the charcoal canister needs replacement also since it was pressuring up the tank. If anyone knows that part number that would be a great help, is it from a Buick car?

VC120 from Autozone online is where I got mine.

Wow! That's awesome! I ended up going with a used one for mine. I am happy with the one I have, but it's great to hear that it's still available since it's a part that a lot of people will be needing in the future if they want to keep their trucks running long term.

Going out on a limb here, go ahead and blast me... I have thick skin!!:flipoff2:
I was wondering how hard it would be to convert over a boat fuel cell? They are everywhere! Brand new, made out of numerous different materials, and from my measurements.... pretty damn close to being the same size as stock. Or....... delete stock, and add oversized tank (with skid plate) where spare tire went..... seeing as how my tank is starting to leak, I may mess around with this, and if I can get good results I will post up the build.

Going out on a limb here, go ahead and blast me... I have thick skin!!:flipoff2:
I was wondering how hard it would be to convert over a boat fuel cell? They are everywhere! Brand new, made out of numerous different materials, and from my measurements.... pretty damn close to being the same size as stock. Or....... delete stock, and add oversized tank (with skid plate) where spare tire went..... seeing as how my tank is starting to leak, I may mess around with this, and if I can get good results I will post up the build.

Biggest problem wouldn't be can it fit but the legal ramifications of not being DOT approved in the event of an accident.

Biggest problem wouldn't be can it fit but the legal ramifications of not being DOT approved in the event of an accident.

Damn! I knew there was a reason I was a GRUNT! I didn’t even think of that! Thank you..... now I’m off to join the rat race of looking for a decent fuel tank without draining my non-existent savings!!

the best price I found on a new OEM fuel tank for our 80 was $600 from a dealer in Virginia - just half a year ago

Cruiserparts-$336 shipped to the west coast.

cruiser yard- $450 shipped

Verdict: buy a new one for $594 if you are in a bind or can’t find one of those awesome, unusual deals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom