What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a quick camping trip with @bushdoctor up Toro Peak in the Santa Rosa mountains

Aired down headed up the mountain
toro1.jpg

Found a shady spot off the beaten path
toro2.jpg

Found the limits of ATRAC (and/or my ability to choose a line) while trying to go around a fallen tree
toro4.jpg

Somehow forgot to take pictures of @bushdoctor winching me out!
toro3.jpg
Perro- limits of ground clearance and no chainsaw. Great attempt though.

I don't mean to bring this up again but I need to retract some on the blue sea USBs. I don't want bad info out there.
I was able to get the blue sea to charge a single phone @ 960mA. With another unit plugged in that drops dramatically to where a total Charge rate wouldn't exceed 1150mA for two devices. Didn't matter which two types, phone +tab, phone+phone, tab+tab.
Me saying it wouldn't get up over 500mA isn't true entirely. Device, battery, battery temp, cable, device state and condition all are factors in the rate of charge. Galaxy tabs do have special needs, just like voltage on the data lines for I devices. That voltage on the lines will determine your charge rate on iphones, along with the other stuff. Blue sea has that. I did some searching after @LandCruiserPhil wrote something about it. I found the samsung and i voltage stuff.
Sorry to ramble on.
Oh, the pioneer NEX usb plug, that POS won't charge worth a damn. mA though usb while using android auto will not peak past 370mA lol. Still, andoird auto makes up for it in my book. It might turn out to be a effective charge rate of zero, as long as gps is off on the phone.
ok, I'm done here. Sorry

be aware that the center usb wires are not shorted to tell the device to pull more than 500ma from the blue sea 1045, unless they have changed lately. I have one, this is true.

Wife and I went up to visit @benc this weekend to install our new rear bumper. Fantastic experience working with Ben! Especially helpful meeting our needs to have bikes on the swing out so access to the back is simple and easy when we are on our camping/biking adventures.

Following install we went straight to the store to stock up on camping perishables. First time using the swing out was in the parking lot of Safeway. Swing outs worked perfectly. Less than 2 minutes to load everything into the cooler!!

Then up to the Sierras to get out of the heat and grab some R&R. Had a great view of some rock climbers right from our camping spot.

IMG_4998.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_5002.JPG

Forgive this question but can the TT recover points be bolted up in the rear?
You'll need to source bolts for the driver side if you want to remove the hook (get 10.9 or greater!), the OEM ones are partial threads. But they seem great, only slightly noticeable under a stock bumper, and good peace of mind:
upload_2017-6-19_8-57-7.png

I don't mean to bring this up again but I need to retract some on the blue sea USBs. I don't want bad info out there.
I was able to get the blue sea to charge a single phone @ 960mA. With another unit plugged in that drops dramatically to where a total Charge rate wouldn't exceed 1150mA for two devices. Didn't matter which two types, phone +tab, phone+phone, tab+tab.
Me saying it wouldn't get up over 500mA isn't true entirely. Device, battery, battery temp, cable, device state and condition all are factors in the rate of charge. Galaxy tabs do have special needs, just like voltage on the data lines for I devices. That voltage on the lines will determine your charge rate on iphones, along with the other stuff. Blue sea has that. I did some searching after @LandCruiserPhil wrote something about it. I found the samsung and i voltage stuff.
Sorry to ramble on.
Oh, the pioneer NEX usb plug, that POS won't charge worth a damn. mA though usb while using android auto will not peak past 370mA lol. Still, andoird auto makes up for it in my book. It might turn out to be a effective charge rate of zero, as long as gps is off on the phone.
ok, I'm done here. Sorry
Good info JerryB-

What meter are you using to measure mA data?

ampere, accubattery, mostly ampere for all this stuff today and yesterday. There were three I tried yesterday. Mostly all the same. I don't keep them local, just use and delete.
Good info JerryB-

What meter are you using to measure mA data?

Continuing to cross things off the maintenance 'to-do' list. After rebooting both axles a few weeks ago, a transmission drain and fill (x2) was a walk in the park.

The old fluid had 113k on it and was clearly ready for a change. I rotated about 6 quarts through and will do another drain and fill when I return from HIH.

1.jpg

2.jpg

You'll need to source bolts for the driver side if you want to remove the hook (get 10.9 or greater!), the OEM ones are partial threads. But they seem great, only slightly noticeable under a stock bumper, and good peace of mind:
View attachment 1481586

You don't have a rear hitch?

I appreciate the pic, I did order a set last night unfinished and will experiment on maybe one front and one rear.

I do have a hitch though and it has a shackle receiver that lives in it as I don't tow or haul a trailer or a "toy."

You don't have a rear hitch?

I appreciate the pic, I did order a set last night unfinished and will experiment on maybe one front and one rear.

I do have a hitch though and it has a shackle receiver that lives in it as I don't tow or haul a trailer or a "toy."
Yes to the rear hitch, just not in the pic - and I used a shackle receiver in it as well until I got these ;)

ampere, accubattery, mostly ampere for all this stuff today and yesterday. There were three I tried yesterday. Mostly all the same. I don't keep them local, just use and delete.
Cool- learning some new information from you. Those Android apps don't seem to have an iOS equivalent, but I did find an inline tester- not sure of the accuracy but might be worth a try for $10

Eversame USB Digital Power Meter Tester Multimeter Current and Voltage Monitor, DC 5.1A 30V Amp Voltage Power Meter, Test Speed of Chargers, Cables, Capacity of Power Banks-Black - - Amazon.com

Replaced the rear sub (thanks to @brizzle et. al. for the write-up and vids), bed-lined the chrome bezel around the shifter to get rid of the glare, and completed assembly of and installation of single KISS drawer, more details to come in the KISS Drawers thread:
tdtMU09PVJRtxYE_qY3m7bj3ksz1e8ZUlKuPBAfEjvr6G6eaotYAwnJUDaa3-g1BH4XKHa0sEjRK8VVVnisC7GDZMAoOkyRQTSZuhCW6KEDgusKHm4FPzmnE9g8WY8khF8j_ZtAkV5DlTEhiaeUdXr03MD2XWSdqqrZ8n3PX-hqKuVoBnTcecCwOC2UgKV6gfQKotrzHOWrurrL0_ktvG_WCzLgitGBQm2cQJvTSOjoUeSQjUslc4xgYK7oOx-rkp4XYw3lozX_4CXbg41Nf0Ksb0fenw_G32rQgZvamSZWcs7zEyW7thueBoXBs5_Z542Pq2OMwcFzdmYGCJSb6-XwkTm0J3QZtgFC9EGYRpKeaE-sMaNMj1dlxdUAcr-ZX4e3yCcyFDYsTdFBmtljmSXNsHLce_neMrm9nmy92VoWi2dlTiZmWcnCcLIxsRw61g_SrexXZAiomKLpScOL3K7bKwWA-kIrUAxpVmeo3y6V3aEDM82YoS3Ipt5sS4X2dGJit7FVivLBawIaHWwIhNzQ5KOyB7lYYB0evJuKEVn_COwhmSQzCGgbCGqCccRq1q5X1nIxa3xFV6CpyEPqOoKbsyqFNcRR_qT8hFImkgOGxwOtmXSWm=w1689-h950-no

@guardcompany
I'll bet! :bounce:

I have half of my seat bushings now, going to rebuild one of the 2nd row seats tomorrow and currently waiting for some plasti-dip to dry to recover the end of the springs.

I know it's picky but I just can't come to putting stuff back together without doing it right.

IMG_0232.JPG

Bumper?
Skidplates?

Slee definitely wins the contest for the overkill packaging award.

I recently ordered a full set of skids from Slee and they came in similar packaging- foam insulated- cardboard liners- and strapped. Could have been dropped from a cargo plane and been ok.

Stopped by a local exhaust shop, in and out in a hour... $65 later...sounds great! Perfect mellow tone...thanks @LandCruiserPhil for the info on the Dynomax 17748! Not sure if I like how it exists out the rear, but I have the high clearance bumper coming from Mike so it will have to do for now!

20170619_200639.jpg

20170619_200659.jpg

Bumper?
Skidplates?

Slee definitely wins the contest for the overkill packaging award.

I recently ordered a full set of skids from Slee and they came in similar packaging- foam insulated- cardboard liners- and strapped. Could have been dropped from a cargo plane and been ok.

Rear bumper. Yeah Slee's packaging is a work of art. When I received my Slee shocks I was very impressed with the time and care they took to package them. I won't be unboxing the rear bumper for another 2 weeks due to scheduling but I'm excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom