What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you show me exactly where you bore in the floor pan to get access to the bolt like that? Mine is seized and instead of trying to get it out with a 22mm box wrench, i'm going to put my 1350ft lbs Ingersoll Rand on it from above.

Lift your rear seats, pull back the carpet, my holes almost lined up perfectly with the black rubber backing on the carpet edge. Notice my first pic!

Installed iggee seat covers.
20170617_141352.jpg

Had my front passenger-side caliper freeze up on me going home the other night; I thought things felt funny a couple days prior when my brake pedal rebound was kinda delayed and was going to have my friend check it out but this was the final straw! Installed new Napa Eclipse calipers and new Akebono ProAct pads I had sitting on my shelf.

I've heard good reviews on the Napa calipers and will give an update later to let others know how they're doing; plus they come pre-painted which is nice!

On a side note, I'm getting all of my wheels refinished by the wheel guy at my work later this week.

20170617_184020.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0433.JPG
Removed roof rack a couple of weeks ago and today I removed the rubber rub strips off of the raised areas on the roof. It was warm and they easily peeled off, leaving the adhesive. Goo Gone would work, but would have taken forever. Grabbed the 3M Eraser Wheel and got it all off in about 30 minutes, taking my time. Now I need to polish it out.

Removed roof rack a couple of weeks ago and today I removed the rubber rub strips off of the raised areas on the roof. It was warm and they easily peeled off, leaving the adhesive. Goo Gone would work, but would have taken forever. Grabbed the 3M Eraser Wheel and got it all off in about 30 minutes, taking my time. Now I need to polish it out.

You know I've been thinking about removing my roof strips as well, but I used one of those 3M wheels to do all of my worn gold lettering adhesive and it worked amazingly well.

Do it... Do it... Do it!!!!! That wheel made easy work of that adhesive. I left the truck outside and the roof was warm. I grabbed the rubber and pulled, and it came right off. I then pulled into the garage and grabbed the Goo Gone first but quickly figured out that it wasn't going to cut it. Wish I had the eraser wheel when I removed the flairs. Would have probably made the cleaning up of the fenders easier.

Where you required to tear apart your dash or could you just pull the OEM outlet and replace it?

Tech note - As many know very few USB outlets will deliver more than 1a to an Apple iPad. Blue Sea both the 1039 (rectangle USB 4.8a) and the 1045 4.8a shown above were developed with the iPad in mind. Therefor both the 1039 and 1045 will deliver more than 1a to Apple devices.

@92LXAZ & @LandCruiserPhil ,

Thanks for this idea and the Tech Note. I ordered one of the 1045 dual USB charger, removed the cig lighter and put this in its place. Brilliant!

Forgive this question but can the TT recover points be bolted up in the rear?

I like how you left the cover off,
I have the unit but haven't made time to install it yet.

I think I'll be removing the cover as well.

Why are they so expensive 1045 dual USB charger are they better than the Chinese ones on eBay ??
Prob because it's a quality controlled component with some added "smart" features

IMG_2117.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

be aware that the center usb wires are not shorted to tell the device to pull more than 500ma from the blue sea 1045, unless they have changed lately. I have one, this is true.

be aware that the center usb wires are not shorted to tell the device to pull more than 500ma from the blue sea 1045, unless they have changed lately. I have one, this is true.
JerryB could you explain with a little more detail- what center USB wires? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom