What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Rolo0981 I think I know why it has such low miles "had a severe cockroaches problem". But damn... way to man up and tackle the roach and leak issues head on! Looking forward the after pics.

Well,

Decided to finally tackle removal of the flares...

Turns out there wasn't as much damage as I thought there was going to be. White helps though.

I have a small rust spot, well surface with paint gone on the left rear door trailing edge. Actually on the fender, you can see it in the pics.

So now I need to find a way to refinish the center of the moulding...

What has everybody been using?

I honestly thought about trying to remove all of them and see about refinishing them while off the rig, that way I could really clean the white before re-installation.

Can anyone comment if they are easily reattached after removing. I'm assuming you need to remove the door interior panels to properly get to the clips but I'm sure they have some good double sided tape too right?

Might not be worth it I guess.

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

Removed the stock running boards last week. Who's got a slider suggestion (or better yet a used set)?
Also, painted the flaking roof rack a dark gray (primer) to match the end caps (not done yet in this pic).

Might tackle wheels next - graphite gray??
Received my heater T's as well.

upload_2017-6-20_18-10-6.png

Well,

Turns out there wasn't as much damage as I thought there was going to be. White helps though.

I have a small rust spot, well surface with paint gone on the left rear door trailing edge. Actually on the fender, you can see it in the pics.

I honestly thought about trying to remove all of them and see about refinishing them while off the rig, that way I could really clean the white before re-installation.

Can anyone comment if they are easily reattached after removing. I'm assuming you need to remove the door interior panels to properly get to the clips but I'm sure they have some good double sided tape too right?

View attachment 1482359

View attachment 1482360

View attachment 1482358

You have the rust in the exact spot i do when i removed mine.

Yeah,

From a turd installer is why!!!

They didn't align the last plastic screw clip device and it was rubbing the body...

Really guys, fricken 58K rig new and they couldn't get that right!

Oh well... :)

I have been planning a bike mount using my inventory of existing trays. However yours looks like a simple fork mount up top only. Can you share some close up photos of what you did? Please........and Thanks.

Hey! Are you headed to CMCC?

We are doing a mild trail ride Sat. then camping at my friends land in Stamford, if you are interested...

Test fit the new grill. Now time to wait for sandblasting and powder coating:cool:

IMG_4147.jpg

How did you remedy yours?
I did mine last month. Here is a before and after. Sanded, primed, light sand, touch up paint- 4 coats, wet sand and finally cutting cream. Not perfect but better. I am not a patient person and bodywork is definitely tedious. I can live with this. I only notice it when I am looking for the spot.
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG

I did mine last month. Here is a before and after. Sanded, primed, light sand, touch up paint- 4 coats, wet sand and finally cutting cream. Not perfect but better. I am not a patient person and bodywork is definitely tedious. I can live with this. I only notice it when I am looking for the spot.

o_Oi don't see anything!
wow, nice job

Dang @TXSunDevil that looks fantastic....

Seems I need to do that soon and also do that on my sunroof visor carnage!

I've got some damage where the sunroof visor was as well. Started touching it up Saturday afternoon. On my Riverrock Green, it won't be perfect, but it's already looking better.

Drove from Reidsville Nc to Wilmington last night with a car load of teens(all 7 seats full!) to retrieve my broken down Civic, courtesy of a uhaul dolly. Got home at 2a.m. no pics because I am tired and ill...white chocolate performed flawlessly as usual! Local tow company wanted $700!!!!!...on a good note..love the sound of my Dynomax the more I drive it!

Dynomax muffler?

Which one?

Bolt on or did a shop have to weld it in?

Glad you got your Civic back, safely as well.

How did you remedy yours?

We are working on mine right now. I didnt have that mark on the door where you and sun devil did. My main damage was to a little bit of both rear fenders and bumper and trim. What we have done is like sundevil, touch up paint 2 or 3 coats, then sand and buff. The bumper and trim will need filler for the cuts/ sand/ primer/paint/clear/then buff. Its turning out better then i ever expected. I will post pics when we are done, looks much better without flares. It was a tough decision to remove them, but was a necessary evil.

I agree,

I hated mine, wife liked em, Go Figure! She also was a fan of the RBs, hahahaha

But I'll remedy the spot soon enough.

Biggest issue now is determining how far I want to go to make the mouldings look better.

Well,

View attachment 1482359

View attachment 1482360

View attachment 1482358

That looks soooo much better.

Did the spare tire lift. Was super easy. Thanks to @Lucky Strike for the how to video. Then took it out for some camping and light wheeling on Father's Day weekend along with my brother in law and his 62. Good times.
17259.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom