1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your 100 Series this week?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by SHUSH, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jdayment

jdayment SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    They're great just did 200 miles in the drivers seat and it was great. Really impressed with the fit and quality color isnt exact but close enough. Wife likes the so happy wife happy life.

custyota likes this.
  2. BillZ260

BillZ260

Started working on my overland/camping set up, pretty happy with it. This is mainly so I can get out this weekend an experiment with space. Cost was about 30 bucks for the turnbuckle hardware, looks like home depot is pricey, the rest is all just scraps. Now that I'm actually working on my truck, I feel compelled to name her.

IMG-2005364694.jpg

Kabanstva likes this.
  3. abuck99

abuck99

Perro- limits of ground clearance and no chainsaw. Great attempt though.

bushdoctor and perrobravo like this.
  4. jerryb

jerryb

I don't mean to bring this up again but I need to retract some on the blue sea USBs. I don't want bad info out there.
    I was able to get the blue sea to charge a single phone @ 960mA. With another unit plugged in that drops dramatically to where a total Charge rate wouldn't exceed 1150mA for two devices. Didn't matter which two types, phone +tab, phone+phone, tab+tab.
    Me saying it wouldn't get up over 500mA isn't true entirely. Device, battery, battery temp, cable, device state and condition all are factors in the rate of charge. Galaxy tabs do have special needs, just like voltage on the data lines for I devices. That voltage on the lines will determine your charge rate on iphones, along with the other stuff. Blue sea has that. I did some searching after @LandCruiserPhil wrote something about it. I found the samsung and i voltage stuff.
    Sorry to ramble on.
    Oh, the pioneer NEX usb plug, that POS won't charge worth a damn. mA though usb while using android auto will not peak past 370mA lol. Still, andoird auto makes up for it in my book. It might turn out to be a effective charge rate of zero, as long as gps is off on the phone.
    ok, I'm done here. Sorry

larryt likes this.
  5. neilsen100

neilsen100

Media:
    Albums:
    Wife and I went up to visit @benc this weekend to install our new rear bumper. Fantastic experience working with Ben! Especially helpful meeting our needs to have bikes on the swing out so access to the back is simple and easy when we are on our camping/biking adventures.

Following install we went straight to the store to stock up on camping perishables. First time using the swing out was in the parking lot of Safeway. Swing outs worked perfectly. Less than 2 minutes to load everything into the cooler!!

Then up to the Sierras to get out of the heat and grab some R&R. Had a great view of some rock climbers right from our camping spot.

IMG_4998.JPG IMG_4999.JPG IMG_5002.JPG

6. cruzerDave

cruzerDave Land Shark Outfitters Supporting Vendor

Media:
    You'll need to source bolts for the driver side if you want to remove the hook (get 10.9 or greater!), the OEM ones are partial threads. But they seem great, only slightly noticeable under a stock bumper, and good peace of mind:
    upload_2017-6-19_8-57-7.png

BEG, Kabanstva, JonD and 1 other person like this.
  7. abuck99

abuck99

Good info JerryB-

What meter are you using to measure mA data?

8. jerryb

jerryb

ampere, accubattery, mostly ampere for all this stuff today and yesterday. There were three I tried yesterday. Mostly all the same. I don't keep them local, just use and delete.

9. aging fleet

aging fleet Coffee's for closers

Continuing to cross things off the maintenance 'to-do' list. After rebooting both axles a few weeks ago, a transmission drain and fill (x2) was a walk in the park.

The old fluid had 113k on it and was clearly ready for a change. I rotated about 6 quarts through and will do another drain and fill when I return from HIH.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Kabanstva and allan man like this.
  10. Greenbean

Greenbean SILVER Star

You don't have a rear hitch?

I appreciate the pic, I did order a set last night unfinished and will experiment on maybe one front and one rear.

I do have a hitch though and it has a shackle receiver that lives in it as I don't tow or haul a trailer or a "toy."

11. cruzerDave

cruzerDave Land Shark Outfitters Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Yes to the rear hitch, just not in the pic - and I used a shackle receiver in it as well until I got these ;)

12. abuck99

abuck99

Cool- learning some new information from you. Those Android apps don't seem to have an iOS equivalent, but I did find an inline tester- not sure of the accuracy but might be worth a try for $10

Eversame USB Digital Power Meter Tester Multimeter Current and Voltage Monitor, DC 5.1A 30V Amp Voltage Power Meter, Test Speed of Chargers, Cables, Capacity of Power Banks-Black - - Amazon.com

13. jerryb

jerryb

14. JAntosch

JAntosch

Media:
    Albums:
    Replaced the rear sub (thanks to @brizzle et. al. for the write-up and vids), bed-lined the chrome bezel around the shifter to get rid of the glare, and completed assembly of and installation of single KISS drawer, more details to come in the KISS Drawers thread:
    [​IMG]

15. guardcompany

guardcompany

16. Greenbean

Greenbean SILVER Star

@guardcompany
    I'll bet! :bounce:

I have half of my seat bushings now, going to rebuild one of the 2nd row seats tomorrow and currently waiting for some plasti-dip to dry to recover the end of the springs.

I know it's picky but I just can't come to putting stuff back together without doing it right.

IMG_0232.JPG

Kabanstva and guardcompany like this.
  17. abuck99

abuck99

Bumper?
    Skidplates?

Slee definitely wins the contest for the overkill packaging award.

I recently ordered a full set of skids from Slee and they came in similar packaging- foam insulated- cardboard liners- and strapped. Could have been dropped from a cargo plane and been ok.

Greenbean likes this.
  18. ad27326

ad27326

Albums:
    Stopped by a local exhaust shop, in and out in a hour... $65 later...sounds great! Perfect mellow tone...thanks @LandCruiserPhil for the info on the Dynomax 17748! Not sure if I like how it exists out the rear, but I have the high clearance bumper coming from Mike so it will have to do for now!

20170619_200639.jpg

20170619_200659.jpg

Kabanstva, bwell and LandCruiserPhil like this.
  19. Greenbean

Greenbean SILVER Star

Sound clip?

I wouldn't mind a little bit of attitude from mine.

20. guardcompany

guardcompany

Rear bumper. Yeah Slee's packaging is a work of art. When I received my Slee shocks I was very impressed with the time and care they took to package them. I won't be unboxing the rear bumper for another 2 weeks due to scheduling but I'm excited!

abuck99 likes this.