RTH! Putting gas in the tank! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys! I'm at the pump right now and I've put about 12 gallons in, but I'm not sure how full I should fill it up to. How much do you usually put in? I don't want to top it off because the extra weight will reduce my mileage, but I'm tired of stopping for gas every 100 miles. What do I do? Should I get an aux tank so I can still keep the weight down but carry more gas?

When my gas light comes on, I pull over and add 4 liters of gasoline. You have to use liters instead of gallons since it's a metric vehicle. You can do 5 liters but that is pushing it.

tenor.gif

I don't think this pump has e85, but it has e87, e89 and e93...

13893770052_3f5d8bfdca_b.jpg

A better question is, why is your gas so expensive? $3.75 a gallon?? It's $2.55 a gallon here, and I'm on an island in the middle of the ocean. Something isn't right.

trap.jpg

Do I need to go to Canada to get metrique gas?
You'd have to exchange your money for Canada Money (either pesos or shekels IIRC)

I prefer milliliters myself, seems more precise – and also like i'm getting more for my money.

When my light goes on, I have 33 miles on the odo before I'm empty, At which point it takes a bit over 23 gallons. That's on 33 inch tires, so it's actually a bit more than 33 miles, .06% more to be precise. I run Pretty light. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I converted to LP Gas. It is lighter than gasoline. So light that my truck kind of floats like a balloon and gets great gas mileage. LP gas in the tires too, makes the whole thing lighter.

This is my favorite thread ever.

Also, mine started smoking...should I just put cold turkey directly into the radiator to make it stop?

It's pricey, but you can order gas from austalia which (because of the southern hemisphere thing) lighter than air up here. It's an option, but only for real overlanding.

Guys! I'm at the pump right now and I've put about 12 gallons in, but I'm not sure how full I should fill it up to. How much do you usually put in? I don't want to top it off because the extra weight will reduce my mileage, but I'm tired of stopping for gas every 100 miles. What do I do? Should I get an aux tank so I can still keep the weight down but carry more gas?
If you are serious maybe you should take the bus and sell your truck

This is my favorite thread ever.

Also, mine started smoking...should I just put cold turkey directly into the radiator to make it stop?
No way man. Weld a cage to the exhaust and put a pork butt in there. 18 hours later you will be in culinary heaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom