Who’s smashed there gas tank in? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t hit mine anymore very often it’s been clearanced 😂 has anybody ever heard of using air to pressurize the tank? My fuel gauge also stopped working. I’m guessing it’s the float jammed up in there. I plan to move my fuel tank behind the axle next winter.

View attachment 3416955
Not sure I like that idea… Too much eight way outback imo.

I had a few scuffs on mine too. I like the idea of a better bash plate and a high pinion option for the rear drive shaft

IMG_8900.jpeg
IMG_8901.jpeg

yeah when you’re talking logic I can see your point but you need to apply physics here…
I have applied tons of experience and the logic from that says they do.
As far as physics I don’t get your point.
But we can agree to disagree

Pictures?
Make a crossmember in front of the gas tank and behind it. Then make a structural skeleton that bolts to both crossmembers. Cover said thing with plate. Be done.

It's not hard fellas.

Also I would argue unnecessary.

But I don't have many pics of it

Apparently I need to read your build thread for the 12th time
After thinking about it, I have the advantage? of having a lower link crossmember already so it just kinda wasn't much of a stretch to imagine a gas tank skid. So I probably trivialized it here

After thinking about it, I have the advantage? of having a lower link crossmember already so it just kinda wasn't much of a stretch to imagine a gas tank skid. So I probably trivialized it here
I was just going to copy how the make a skid on every other 4x4 Toyota. Idk if you trivialized it, it not an overly complicated design, yours is just easier since the structure already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom