Pig Party - 2017? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_3614.jpg
arthog site #12

Howdy Neighbor!

Got my stuff together and made my reservation!

Arriving Weds, 21 June, leaving Sun 25 June.

It sounds like the campground is filling up! I got Site 13. My wife says I snore, but I never hear it...

Should be me, the wife and our boy. Maybe a little chihuahua as well.

I tried to update the spreadsheet as well just now.

The Cayton campground allows up to two vehicles per reserved spot. The first come first serve spots have an area for a tent, a fire pit and a picnic table. I think there is also power at every spot. If you get there early enough, during the week, you have a good chance of grabbing one of those spots. I was thinking of reserving a spot, and if I can get away, grabbing a first come first serve spot as well. That way if anyone needs one, there will be extra. Otherwise, worst case, people with tents can camp wherever. I believe anyone can camp off a forest road within the National Forest. You may, however, need to register with the Forest Service and obtain a permit. There is a ranger station just down the road from the campground, so lots of information is available.

So 1 Pig plus 1 pop-up camper would fill the spot, eh?

Gordobe for trail boss, can I get a second!!

The wife two dogs and I will do our best to make this...

I will second - Gordobe for Trail Boss!!!

It sounds like @abqcruiser nows some of the lay of the land, and @riderjgs has some experience as well.

One thought I have is that some of these passes get pretty high, >10k' above sea level, and we have some Pigs coming from low altitudes. We might want to pick out some mellow cruises in the spirit of getting everyone back to camp at night vs. fighting a bunch of vapor lock on the trail...

low landers might want to pick up a set of jets for high altitude. Being the middle of June, some of the passes won't be open yet.

We want stickers for this event? Also, is it going to be called Pig Party, or Pig Fest, or something different? Keep in mind this will be happening every year till the end of time, or end of our pigs, so we may want a cool name.

Do we inform Stan Wright at Toyota Trails to spread the word (calling all pigs) that this is a "Pig Fest"

Yes, PabloCruise and abqcruiser what so you name this pork belly pot roast.

Event 'Ts' :)

To address the issues of naming and publicity - do we want Stan to spread the word informally? Or are we talking about taking out an ad in the Toyota Trails? The latter will involve $ to buy ad space I believe, as well as going through the motions to get the event sanctioned by the TLCA. If I am correct (and I may not be), then I think everyone participating in the TLCA event needs to be TLCA members.

My preference would be that this is just an informal gathering of Pig loving folk, who are all self-insured and not looking to the TLCA for anything. If others feel differently, then we can discuss and divvy up the tasks of getting TLCA sanctioned.

If we stay informal, then we can still do stickers and shirts, provided someone wants to do them. Do we have any design ideas? Does anyone like the idea of taking the Iron Pig Preservation Society design and adapting that for the event? I think that design was a collaborative effort:

2000l-010-010_a1-jpg.1080044

I can do event Ts, cause thats what I do. How ever, The last time there was a SWINE O RAMA as it was called then I printed up 60 shirts and only 2 people showed. So pre orders will be needed.

I do remember that, not good... Thanks for being willing to try it again!

2017 COLORADO PIG FEST

!st annual could be added

As for names, 2017 PIG Fest could be nice and simple, and scalable for future events.
If we intend on moving the event every year as has been suggested, then we could add location to the end (San Juans, CO), and we could add things like "2nd Annual", etc...

As cool as Sounder Roundup sounds, I don't think very many people know what a sounder is. I would vote for the word Pig on my shirt vs. Sounder. Just one man's opinion.

Pablo,

Glad you got a reservation. We look forward to seeing you guys again. I like informal over getting an organization involved. For me, it's about meeting all you guys, camping and trail rides, getting ideas, poking a little fun and drinking a few beers. Maybe not in that order. :) I'll leave tee shirts and names up to you guys. I just want to hit the road!

As cool as Sounder Roundup sounds, I don't think very many people know what a sounder is. I would vote for the word Pig on my shirt vs. Sounder. Just one man's opinion.[/QUOTE]

That's what google is for:).

Informal works for me. Nothing says we can't go all out on the 2nd, 3rd annual or what have you. We could also call it the event a different name each year.

2017 Pig Fest
"Sounder roundup"

2nd Annual Pig Fest
"The Hills have Pigs"

I have an edelbrock carb and I am ordering some metering rods and springs for 10k altitude. It should be a 10 minute swap when I get to the mountains.

I say keep it simple! the camp site is to small for anything more than what is developing here. As far as shirt design goes I will do that. I will ask for little input on the design. To many artist spoil the pot (yes there is a pun there). It will be on the same lines as Cruise Moab shirts, as I have printed them for the last 15 yrs. You won't be disappointed, unless you don't order one. The design posted above is boring, sorry.

Man, this going to be good! I've been in the shop every day working on her, wrapping up a lot of the little things that was bugging me.

"Pig Party" has a ring to it.

Well said Pablo,
Pig Fest. Simple, understated, to the point. Add a date or add a place. Easy peasy.
For what it's worth! I like it.
Regarding structure. It's simple: pic a place, pic a time, say the word and they will come. Word will spread on its own. Keep it simple. No stress except to show up.
If someone is inspired to add party favors, ie, shirts, stickers or any other fun surprises be smart so you don't lose you piggy butt.

Regarding safe play: It's a common fact and common sense that we watch each other's back as best as possible.

When 40 pigs show up at a 10 pig camp site then we'll just have to figure that out then.

But for now, let's getter done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom