What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

went camping with some mates on the Turon River.
4QaodSH.jpg

0rhOvbG.jpg

P0X0Rnl.jpg

Looks amazingly similar to the Hill Country in Texas except the hills down there look a little taller.

Drove it, finally. I was out and about on local roads and a little highway getting a feel for it. Listening for odd sounds and feeling for clunks, vibrations, wobbles and whatnot. Determination... Suspension overhaul. New shocks, springs, bushings especially.

Added ATF to the PS reservoir because I didn't have power steering, which makes it very difficult to park and maneuver at low speed.

Now my PS pump whines all the time! I already planned for a rebuild so I suppose that's not terribly shocking.

m4FTdEE.jpg

The wheels have to go ASAP.

Oh and removed the DS running board as it was very loose and if you stepped on it, it felt as if it would give out any minute.
o6kA3Ej.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1337698
The wife and I tried our hands at stand up paddle boarding, we are still alive so it was a success. Off of the military base on Pearl Harbor.

Nooooo!!! Put down the paddle and walk away!!! :D

Need more pix of your Cruiser though....

Drove it, finally. I was out and about on local roads and a little highway getting a feel for it.

m4FTdEE.jpg

The wheels have to go ASAP.

Oh and removed the DS running board as it was very loose and if you stepped on it, it felt as if it would give out any minute.

Unless you have a real use for the running boards (kids, grandma), you'll be glad they're gone. @beno hooked me up with the front mud flaps that are used without them. I wouldn't blame you for ditching the wheels too, IMO they are kinda scary on a LC.

I'm already happy with the way it looks on the DS. Just need to get in there and take out that last bracket, very tight fit. I was going to hold onto the wheels over the winter but the more I look at them the more I can't stand them.

View attachment 1337698
The wife and I tried our hands at stand up paddle boarding, we are still alive so it was a success. Off of the military base on Pearl Harbor.
Hey, I know that parking spot! It's one of my go to spots for scenic LC poser shots!
image.jpeg

It's also apparently a great spot to wander the seashore to ponder and think about all the cool mods you can do to your 80!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13mm gear wrench will make quick work of that hard to get to nut on the running board. I think its 13, maybe 14mm. Regular wrench will work too, I just found out about the gear wrench type being a lot more efficient use of time under the truck.

Is SUP frowned upon here?
I think it's frowned upon everywhere.....but if you have fun doing it, who cares what anyone else thinks!

13mm gear wrench will make quick work of that hard to get to nut on the running board. I think its 13, maybe 14mm. Regular wrench will work too, I just found out about the gear wrench type being a lot more efficient use of time under the truck.
Thanks I'll give it a try!

Went up into the mountains to hang out at deer camp. Didn't enjoy driving down in the snow with no chains.
1015161656_HDR.jpg
1017160722b_HDR.jpg
1016161537_HDR.jpg
1017161009_HDR.jpg
1017160955a_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom