What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So just got back from going with Overland 4x4 club out in Nevada, to see another wild horse, old mine, old homestead and a fun rd, then stopped by Fort Churchill, and old 19th century Adobe Calvary fort and even stopped on the way back to seee an old train chug by !. The wind was intense blowing at 50-60 mph ... so a lil trippy at times , but cool none the less ! ps: Cool Club , where we don't care what you drive , just that you like to drive Overland ! I was the only "80" there ...

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20004_zpsxfspiq54.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20011_zpsuo0bquec.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20013_zps4temgism.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20014_zpsiyqrpt94.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20016_zpsnb5mlozz.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20021_zpsag1ucdgk.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20024_zpsshm1nrmt.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20027_zpsvnr55qcs.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20030_zpsmouxim3x.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20038_zpsngmax99z.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20039_zpsc9oyrthl.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20041_zpsgadp1usp.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20042_zpso6igxuqs.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20043_zps6iovnkzs.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20044_zpscduphwtu.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20049_zpslygakphi.jpg

Overland%20Bound%20Nevada%20trip%20057_zpspl0ssypx.jpg

fixed my dome lights!

with landcrshr's patient assistance.

--r

Drove it, finally. I was out and about on local roads and a little highway getting a feel for it. Listening for odd sounds and feeling for clunks, vibrations, wobbles and whatnot. Determination... Suspension overhaul. New shocks, springs, bushings especially.

Added ATF to the PS reservoir because I didn't have power steering, which makes it very difficult to park and maneuver at low speed.

Now my PS pump whines all the time! I already planned for a rebuild so I suppose that's not terribly shocking.

m4FTdEE.jpg

The wheels have to go ASAP.

Oh and removed the DS running board as it was very loose and if you stepped on it, it felt as if it would give out any minute.
o6kA3Ej.jpg

Unless you have a real use for the running boards (kids, grandma), you'll be glad they're gone. @beno hooked me up with the front mud flaps that are used without them. I wouldn't blame you for ditching the wheels too, IMO they are kinda scary on a LC.

Yes. Glad you are going to ditch those wheels. The first thing that popped in my head when I saw your rig was "Holy freaking crap those wheels are horrible!" But I wasn't going to say anything (for some reason my filter kicked in). But since you know they are awful and are going to replace them I'll say it! :cheers:

So just got back from going with Overland 4x4 club out in Nevada, to see another wild horse, old mine, old homestead and a fun rd, then stopped by Fort Churchill, and old 19th century Adobe Calvary fort and even stopped on the way back to seee an old train chug by !. The wind was intense blowing at 50-60 mph ... so a lil trippy at times , but cool none the less ! ps: Cool Club , where we don't care what you drive , just that you like to drive Overland ! I was the only "80" there ...]

But you secretly mock everyone else and know that they are jealous of your rig, right?!?!

Nothing either....stuck in San Antonio for a work conference with zero car. None of the Uber drivers have showed up in a cruiser...

Last edited:
I took her (the LC, not the wife) on a three day camping and riding trip. I forgot (again) to get any photos of the actual camp site. However, I did get to battle test my new receiver. It's still there, and seems to be OK.

20161015_170550.jpg

Dad took her out the garage and cleaned her up. Hasn't moved since I left in March
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Prior to driving to Poland, I converted it from Dino oil to synthetic. Put this stuff in it, because it was available everywhere around here.

image_1336660005_56.jpg

I intended on changing my diff oil and topping up my Birfields, since for the last year and a half, it's been sucking moly from the birfs into the diffs to make "reverse birf soup", despite my extending the breathers and getting rid of the check valves.

Amazingly, when I opened the fill plug, for the first time, ever, it didn't overflow.

I checked the diff oil and not only was it full, but it was clean. Birfs were also still 2/3ds full.

So, evidently whatever caused the condition in the first place has "self-healed". Nothing makes me more nervous than a self-healing fault on a machine.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom