Cowl Vent Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 90 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
Anybody have a source or a solution for a replacement top vent gask:beer:et on the hood of a '71 40? They are no longer manufactured or available thru Toyota and SOR wants $60 for a late model seal that has to be "custom made." Any one use something else or should I just stick some Home Depot weather stripping on there?

I would make a cover plate and seal the whole thing off. By the way, your avatar gives me the creeps:eek:

I would make a cover plate and seal the whole thing off. By the way, your avatar gives me the creeps:eek:
I like the vent there. I gets hot here. Plus I have a nicely powder coated louver and cover, hate to let them go to waste....and sorry to give you nightmares:rolleyes:

112E.gif

Number 3 in the SOR pick.

I plan on making that gasket when I start putting mine back together. I still have the old cracked one and figured to use a high density moldable foam to make it. A perfect foam would be the memory foam like those used in the Tempur-pedic matteress. They will send you a sample of the material that will be enough to make a gasket from. Since it is open cell it has to be covered with a waterproof cover of some type.

Picked up at least three new ones from Cdan not too long ago...

Oh, and it is a COWL VENT GASKET.

:beer:

Well hell Poser! You are messing up my 'make everything the hard way' philosophy! :D

So just what does one of these cost from CDan? Part number? Though not ready to order one I will add it to the growing list of parts I will need to get.

Anybody have a source or a solution for a replacement top vent gasket on the hood of a '71 40? They are no longer manufactured or available thru Toyota

Check your source bud....there are some in CA.

55881-60010 W/S Cowl Ventilator

20.58us list.

Uhhh, try a different dealer. I bought one from CDan a few years ago and I think it was way cheaper than SOR.

Uhhh, try a different dealer. I bought one from CDan a few years ago and I think it was way cheaper than SOR.
Well that's a given:lol:

I didn't bother to call Dan because of the apparent false info. I will give him a shout. Thanks Poser.

I just tried to get some from the dealer out here in CA. No longer available. Eric

I just tried to get some from the dealer out here in CA. No longer available. Eric

So how many Tempur-Pedic Cowl vent gaskets should I make? :grinpimp:

Find another dealer or a better parts guy at that one...

That is a good number and as of the date of my post with the part number, 11 SEP 07, there were 36 in CA Toyota WHSE....

:eek: Ok, 2 dealers out here also see the ones in the warehouse, but when they order them, comes up not available. Time for CDan to the rescue. later

how do you get ahold of Cdan. I searched and looked in member list and can't seem to find it. I probably just have Coco vision. Thanks, Eric:beer:

how do you get ahold of Cdan. I searched and looked in member list and can't seem to find it. I probably just have Coco vision. Thanks, Eric:beer:

Vendor section....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom