Build Yosshaa 2019 GX460 new to me build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you share that skid plate part number? I've beat up my half tank one and don't really want to add the RCI tank skid.
keep an eye out on FB marketplace, lots of 4runner owners upgrading their armor. I managed to pick one up for $50

Could you share that skid plate part number? I've beat up my half tank one and don't really want to add the RCI tank skid.
I think this is it?

Screenshot_20240320_204650_Chrome.jpg

Yea, I think I found the half skid. Was only 8 lbs.

3/22
I just wrapped up adding the MTS module, great tutorials online, and everything went smooth except for the metal clip that attaches to the weather stripping and kick panel.... that one took a few tries.

After the lift, you may want to consider adding more armor, under the engine (cover the oil pan) along with front and rear bumpers.
If your not a steel bumper kind of guy, (although I thought you were channeling Ironman) and you still expect to do off road trail, minimum you will probably need to trim up your bumpers front and rear for better approach and departure angles.

Last edited:
After the lift, you may want to consider adding more armor, under the engine (cover the oil pan) along with front and rear bumpers.
If your not a steel bumper kind of guy, (although I thought you were channeling Ironman) and you still expect to do off road trail, minimum you will probably need to trim up your bumpers front and rear for better approach and departure angles.

Probably doing sliders next, possibly some more armor. Going to avoid steel bumpers and tire carriers on this build. Maybe maybe a hidden winch. Onboard Air compressor might be in play.

Probably doing sliders next, possibly some more armor. Going to avoid steel bumpers and tire carriers on this build. Maybe maybe a hidden winch. Onboard Air compressor might be in play.
This is what I have for air: - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/?make=614&model=962&year_id=974&category=1099&s=&post_type=product&action=vpf-search
Love it!
If you want to see how it looks, here's my thread, go to post #3

I am not getting onboard air until I get lockers so I got the ARB mounted in a toolbox to use until then.

Reactions: r2m
I picked the GX up yesterday from Wescott Design; they handled the installation and alignment and did a great job. I bought Billstien 6112s up front and 5110s for the rear. Standard weight Billstien spring up front with an Eibach load leveling kit in the back complete with new progress bumstops.
The truck now sits 22" up front and 22.5" in the rear from the center cap to the bottom of the fender before lift, measurements were 20.25" front and 21.25 rear.

80,300 miles and ready for some light trail duty.

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

I picked the GX up yesterday from Wescott Design; they handled the installation and alignment and did a great job. I bought Billstien 6112s up front and 5110s for the rear. Standard weight Billstien spring up front with an Eibach load leveling kit in the back complete with new progress bumstops.
The truck now sits 22" up front and 22.5" in the rear from the center cap to the bottom of the fender before lift, measurements were 20.25" front and 21.25 rear.

80,300 miles and ready for some light trail duty.

View attachment 3594554

View attachment 3594555

View attachment 3594556

View attachment 3594557

View attachment 3594558
Should be the perfect amount of extra lift in the rear for when you load it down it'll level out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom