Yet another 6bt swap into an HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Avoid a body lift at all costs if you can.

Cant you find a 1HZ or 1HDT really easily in that part of the world? Those fit a 60 like they are made for it.

Avoid a body lift at all costs if you can.

Cant you find a 1HZ or 1HDT really easily in that part of the world? Those fit a 60 like they are made for it.
1HDT is not easy to find in Turkiye. But you can find the marine version (Yanmar) if you are ready to spend a fortune on it. This engine is generally sold to the middle east market. 1HZ is coming from the 80 series; however, it is too expensive. Nearly twice as many, good ones triple the value of the Cummins. Many trucks like DAF, BMC, Case tractors, and Komatsu heavy machinery use Cummins. The seller did not know this was a dodge ram engine =) He thinks it is a BMC truck engine with a strange pump (P7100). It was a bargain. I bought the engine at nearly 1/4 of the price of 1HZ.

Engine + adapter and other parts (new starter, 80 amp 24-volt alternator, AC(for my wife), and many more), and I think the whole conversion will be 2/5 the price of the 1HZ.

In Turkiye, there is a saying for decisions in financial situations, "everything is sentimental". :rofl:

I am lifting the body 3" (7-8cm) and pusing the engine backward about 5.5 inches (13 cm). I have a tuffy console and i think i am losing the cup holders. It is a sacrifice for the driveablity. I will re locate the transmissin mount and re addjust and balanced the drive shafts. Good thing is i have a pretty good location for huge aftermarket powerfull AC. Happy wife happy life. :rofl:

When you go back that far, the turbo will be in the firewall.

How much is shipping from USA? Dodge adapter plates are everywhere here. I have several myself.

When you go back that far, the turbo will be in the firewall.

How much is shipping from USA? Dodge adapter plates are everywhere here. I have several myself.
I appreciate the offer. Thank you, but I think I will continue with this setup for now. Maybe in the future, I will hope to find an automatic transmission like the 80 series or 100 series and re-configured the 60. Those two has the same oriantiion with the 60 series diff location and much stronger than h55f. Also, auto will be good for the driveability. I am not a hard offroader and quite a lazy driver. I dont seek massive power that the cummins offer. I was down tune the engine and adjust the p-pump accordinly. Absoluly i will need to retune again when i start to drive but as i said before i will not seeking the huge power from the cummins. for now.

For the turbo, the manifold is a mid-mount. I will not exceed 2.5 inches of pipe. I hope there will be no problem with it. :hmm: However, i will route the exhoust pipe trought the far back side of the mudguard and under the pessanger side. Couse my starter is on the pessanger side of the engine. Do not worry i move the break line appropirate position with sufficent guarding.

Update :

Sorry @cruisermatt, but I did the body lift. I could not find any alternative solution. With the new bushing total high is increased by 5 cm. It is now allowed to put the engine 5 cm lower and 10 cm backward. I think I am used to it, but with the lift, I have to cut and extend the steering shaft. :rofl: This is getting normal for me. Also, drive shafts will be rearranged according to the new position of the transfer case.

I will share the photos shortly.

Thanks for everything mates.

I have to pause the building because of a massive earthquake in Turkiye. I have been to the area, and I will go there again. All Land Cruiser 60 family there and carries water, food, or needed things to the unreachable areas because of the snow storm and rescue the trucks and other vehicles that carry the good to the disaster area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom