Xfer Case Idler Shim Source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered the idler shim part #36263-60010 from my local dealer as I'm doing the 3 speed gears into the 4 speed case swap. They just called me and told me they are discontinued, and have none available in the US. Anyone have a source for these?

"Maybe?? 36263-60010 - Toyota SPACER, TRANSFER IDL"

Called them to be safe, they can't get it either. Looks like PITA DIY spacer time...

"Maybe?? 36263-60010 - Toyota SPACER, TRANSFER IDL"

Called them to be safe, they can't get it either. Looks like PITA DIY spacer time...

I think the other two part numbers were still available. You can order those and hope for the best. Remember too, there is one spacer in the newer style case already. Maybe someone with used cases/parts can help.

jC

I think were talking about the same part. Mine is a 3 speed transfer case adapted to a 4 speed tranny. My 3 speed transfer originaly had a PTO gear where I ended up putting the spacer / shim but when I was looking for mine they wanted something like 15 bucks for it.

I'm talking about the spaces on the transfer idler gear assembly, as the 4 speed cases are slightly wider at this point you need to run a 0.20" spacer with the 3 speed cluster. Apparently this part is no longer a hot seller at Toyota parts counters as no one seems to have it even if they list it.

I actually found spacers at Mcmaster-Carr, but they are only 1.5" OD in the 0.20" thick 1" ID flavor which seems a little small.

As I am adapting this to an SM465 I have to use the 3 speed input gear for the spline count and it just bolts on to a short stub shaft, no long shaft to support a PTO gear like the LC tranny.

Ask your dealer if it is still available in Japan. My dealer has ordered 3 parts for me from Japan that were not available in the US. The dealer parts department has to be willing to step up to make this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom