Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20170327_203735.jpg
I got headlights. ..feel like a n idiot.
There was a fuse missing, guess which one.
but in the process, several of the fuses were not making contact. now I have flashers, front and rear lights, and headlights.
still have to change some of the rear light wires, but they work.

Matt, I can do it for you if you don't mind driving to Mt. pleasant

oh yeah, free

most of it.
give me a call

I have most of the rear lights working. One parking light doesn't work, probably a bad wire some where. And the brake light switch has a broken wire on the back. Touched the wire and pushed the pedal and poof...brake lights. New switch ordered..

20170401_230356.jpg
I rebuilt the gauges on the Chick'n today.
Put some "white gauges" in. The metal was do rusty, you could barely make out the numbers.
They took a while, and they're not perfect, but way cheaper than a new (or used) set.

Probably should have done that a long time ago

Just once I would like to do some mainetence without something going wrong.

This time it was something that should have been simple. Just replacing the starter, a couple of connectors and two bolts, what could go wrong with that?

I get the truck on jackstands and take the tire off to gain access. Remove the connectors and the top bolt no problem. Go to remove the bottom bolt and can't find it. I look at it for a minute and realize that someone managed to break the head off the bolt.

I figure I should still be able to wiggle the starter off to get access to the broken bolt to remove it. Nope, of course the lower mount on the starter is threaded. So I will have to get the bolt out before I can remove the starter. :bang:

Got the starter off today. I won't go into details but it turns out I'm an idiot and there was nothing wrong with the old bolts.

New starter sounds great and the truck turns over much faster now.

I'm sure it's the placebo effect but the engine seems to run smoother now too.

The old one had seen better days.
IMG_4941.JPG

Last edited:
Got the starter off today. I won't go into details but it turns out I'm an idiot and there was nothing wrong with the old bolts.

New starter sounds great and the truck turns over much faster now.

I'm sure it's the placebo effect but the engine seems to run smoother now too.

The old one had seen better days.
View attachment 1442192
The old one had seen MANY days....

I drove the Chick'n for the first time today,
Not far, only to put it back in the garage, but it did it with its own power (or lack of).
Clutch felt fine, but the brakes are spongy and low. That's next, then the (new) tires and wheels can go on.
It'll be up on the lift this weekend, if anyone wants to come wrench a bit.

Is there a C&C this weekend and is anyone planning to go before HAMON at David's garage? What is David's address?

Unfortunately, I will be working this Saturday. With GSMTR, 2 days of rain, and summer camp in less than 2 weeks, I have to get this roof on and shingled.
Sorry guys, but Cars and Coffee will still be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom