Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately, I will be working this Saturday. With GSMTR, 2 days of rain, and summer camp in less than 2 weeks, I have to get this roof on and shingled.
Sorry guys, but Cars and Coffee will still be there.

NOW what am I gonna do with 2 cases of buffing compound ? #itll uffout

Is there a cars and coffee this weekend? The hamom was the only this on the calendar.
Charleston Cars & Coffee (CCC) is held every Saturday in front of Atlanta Bread at the Town Center in Mt P. We usually get there around 7:45-8:00 AM, park the Land Cruisers together and hang out about an hour and a half. We then make the short drive to David's to wrench, aka, HAMOM. Once in a while, a few of us will meet at CCC even is there isn't a HAMOM, but that's unofficial and random.

Understand all. Last months didn't pan out for me but I had planned to come out tomorrow.
David had to cancel the HAMOM this week due to work obligations. If you're planning to head to Cars and Coffee, let me know and we can ride out together from Summerville. I have an obligation in the morning anyhow, so I'll be returning to Summerville as soon as CCC is over.

David had to cancel the HAMOM this week due to work obligations. If you're planning to head to Cars and Coffee, let me know and we can ride out together from Summerville. I have an obligation in the morning anyhow, so I'll be returning to Summerville as soon as CCC is over.

Sounds good. My 40 is still in pieces but I wanted to come out there still. I'm picking up a soda blaster tomorrow after cars and coffee so she will be completely media blasted come Monday. If anyone needs paint removed from body parts/parts, I'll have it through blaster through Monday.

Anyone ever run a Saginaw box on an FJ40? I had some play in my steering and went to check it out. My tie rod end on the pitman arm is a narrow style TRE from earlier models and was wobbling aroun in the pitman arm. Also, there was a couple washers in there and no cotter pin!!! Anyone know of the correct TRE that I can use with the Saginaw box?

IMG_0297.JPG

Anyone ever run a Saginaw box on an FJ40? I had some play in my steering and went to check it out. My tie rod end on the pitman arm is a narrow style TRE from earlier models and was wobbling aroun in the pitman arm. Also, there was a couple washers in there and no cotter pin!!! Anyone know of the correct TRE that I can use with the Saginaw box?

View attachment 1467593

This a a great question to cross post in the 40Tech section.... maybe after a quick search for the same keywords.... I am running a 40 series box with cut & retapped ends, and all 60 series TREs.

searched around a bit and it looks like you have to ream out the hole. Bummer. Time to start the 80 series power steering box swap!
That's right. Hand reamed the end to match. You got this !

Looking forward to the 80 Steering Box Build! If you decide you want to have a look at a Saginaw Box, I've got one installed on my 40 in the backyard. Just don't dent my fenders, they're too purty for the trails! :flipoff2:

we'll see about that next year at gsmtr !!

C'mon Jeremy. Just follow @Trollhole Steve, Rob and me. What could go wrong? It's a gravel road....
Whatever damage may have happened, to your rig, was likely buffed out before I even got to my driveway from GSMTR...

Edit: @girraffe check with @Trollhole about the specific PN, he did the install for my Saginaw and may be able to help you out. I think he got the kit from JTOutfitters.

I doubt he gets anything from JToutfitters....just the mention them around him gets his blood pressure up.!!!

I doubt he gets anything from JToutfitters....just the mention them around him gets his blood pressure up.!!!
Yeah, I know he's not a fan now, but this install was completed almost 2 years ago.

Probably JT'S offroad

I got the radiator and hoses swapped in the Chick'n yesterday. great oil pressure, lots of smoke for a while, but that seemed to settle down after a bit. The temp gauge doesn't work, and the gas gauge only worked for a little while. Alt is charging well. I drove it down the street, figured out I was in 4low, got it in 4 hi, but it won't go to 2hi. brakes are sticking, also.

Still a long way to go..........................................................................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom