Would the real OEM rims please stand up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
nonogrim2.jpg
ogrim4.jpg
oem1.jpg
nonogrim3.jpg

The wider one is a GM rim. Those clips will not work with OEM hub caps. Most likely has had the center hole widen if it fits a Land Cruiser axle.

First and last pics is 4.5" wide and look like vw wheels with small clips
Second pic is

Interesting those the VW had a four bolt pattern. Had a rim similar to that with only three clips as I remember. Hole had been hacked to widen. The OEM rim is the early drum brake with rivets.

First and last pics is 4.5" wide and look like vw wheels with small clips
Second and third pic is 5.5" and look like factory steelies
Yes, sorry I didn't offer more explanation, but you are on it! Thank you for your information.

The wider one is a GM rim. Those clips will not work with OEM hub caps. Most likely has had the center hole widen if it fits a Land Cruiser axle.
The plot thickens..... Thanks for your information. I am blown away by the knowledge base in this forum! Here is an inset photo of the imposter rims with GM stamp.

GM?.jpg

Also, no aforementioned stamped number on the imposter rim. But sure as shootin, they are 6 lug, and they don't look like they were machined. They are taller, narrower, riveted but different than the OEM rims. The OEM rims had 31x10.5x15"s on them and I threw all the tires away bc they were just roller tires and I assumed both front and back were same size. Why? I don't know perhaps it was sniffing too much paint thinner that day. Not sure.

OK, well, at this point I'm looking for a support group of old fj40 brethren that can calm the addiction and the suffering. What the hell do I do with the imposter rims? Also, am I going to find another set of "OEM" rims that are the same width, height, diameter? Or should I sell them both and start over? Sheesh! It would be so much easier if I didn't give a schnizzle about OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom