woohoo new toy,new toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all just picked up a 77 fj40 800 bucks
going v8 and sm465 any advice would help
thanks
the fat one:grinpimp:
IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0531.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg

Last edited:
iv always wondered why people post things like this without PICS!!!!??? all your gona get are a few posts somethin like:

"nice"

"Goodluck"

"welcome to the club"

etc....

wait till you have pics and share from there.

:)

hey all just picked up a 77 fj40 800 bucks
going v8 and sm465 any advice would help
thanks
the fat one:grinpimp:

Didnt happen...without pictures

What kind of drivetrain is in it now? Looks like a project, that's for sure.

WOW nice score ... I need to find one like that ... and CHEAP too .... well cheap to buy :hillbilly:

What's holding your windshield up? Rusted hinges or is it strapped to the roll bar?

Nice score!

:cheers:

If you know you are going v8 and sm465 then start gutting what you don't need. There is a lot of work ahead of you on that cruiser for sure, but $800 I think you did good.

I'd drop the 200# of the front bumper.
Peel off the foam on the roll bar
Access the wiring.
Change out as many fluids as you can.
Weld the spider gears
Toss in the V8 and SM465 and run it.

Might want to beef up that tow bar! Woa! ;) Have fun with it.

You'll likely find it needs castor shims in the front end... Without them it'll be hard to keep on the road with those longer shackles in the front.

Nice find.:D

I yanked the harness out today holy poopoo. and finding a lot of useless stuff but alot of cool stuff
can any one say holy bondo! btw selling 2f and 4 speed tranny make offer if interested.
thanks for all the replies the tow bar is coming off soon and soa aswell 529 gears lincoln locker in rear with polys and lunchbox in front with b.longs and power steering

That's the first tow bar I have seen heavier duty then the one that came on my cj8, and sticks up a lot higher also. Mine is crazy heavy and yours must weigh a lot more then mine.

DSCF2719Medium-large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom