Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made a point about how much value there is in paying a tiny bit extra to support members of this community, that provide parts and invaluable resources. In no way have I said "Don't go to your local dealer! They are ripping you off!". People can buy parts wherever they would like. I get a discount every time I go to my local dealer, have been going there for years. As some of the more experienced people have left, I often find myself finding the part number for the guy. There are many vendors here that I prefer to give my money to, to be able to call someone who knows what they are talking about. Do you have to do that? Nope.

There is always a middleman if you are buying OEM parts, just like what was mentioned earlier in this thread.

The parts department has to make money anyhow. Just like you said, you just need to get to know them, and they will eventually give you a discount. Usually, if you just went to the dealership website you would get an instant discount by shopping online. Why do you think you get an instant discount to shop online? It is cheaper to operate an online parts department, people pick their own parts, less people working to fulfill orders, less phone calls that you are paying someone to answer; overall cheaper and less overhead. They are also selling parts nationwide usually, and not just over the counter. What is lost in this equation is the number of people with knowledge and expertise.

This thread is about Joey, who seemed like a great resource and also was a middle man selling OEM parts. There was value in what he provided, putting together kits of parts needed to do various jobs. It is really too bad that he ripped off so many people, completely destroyed his reputation. If you want to disagree with me just to disagree with me, go ahead, but it feels like we are talking in circles about the same thing.

IMG_6213.jpeg

New design with case hardening is live on the website. 50 sets available

Jason
TT

New design with case hardening is live on the website. 50 sets available

Jason
TT

I missed the last time...but not this time. Ordered

Damn....
I sure hate hearing things like that.
Truth is. I really DO hate hearing that.
I don't think Joey started out planning on fleecing the group of us out of thousands of dollars, but things happen and he handled it badly.
I don't hate the guy, despite the financial sodomy, I just wish he'd handled things differently.

@TRAIL TAILOR which bushings can you press with this tool kit? I see on the wits end website it says:

39mm=Front and rear panhards
49mm=Rear upper control arms
53mm=Rear lower control arm (frame side bushing)
60mm=Radius arm bushings (axle side bushing)

What are you guys using to remove and install axle side rear lower control arm bushings and frame side radius arm bushings?

@TRAIL TAILOR which bushings can you press with this tool kit? I see on the wits end website it says:

39mm=Front and rear panhards
49mm=Rear upper control arms
53mm=Rear lower control arm (frame side bushing)
60mm=Radius arm bushings (axle side bushing)

What are you guys using to remove and install axle side rear lower control arm bushings and frame side radius arm bushings?
Maybe not the right thread to ask

I think I'd message Jason directly.

Checked my e-mail yesterday to see that I was refunded for something I purchased last summer🤣 Got a good laugh out of it🤣🤣
View attachment 3576193

Unless you see it on your CC, it didn't happen. 😁 He is known for having his website issue "refunds" that aren't real.

Checked my e-mail yesterday to see that I was refunded for something I purchased last summer🤣 Got a good laugh out of it🤣🤣
View attachment 3576193

Haha I'm sure it was fun receiving that, as I'm sure you know marking it "refunded" on the website means nothing he needs to actually go into the merchant gateway to refund you, which of course he'll never do it's just for optics hoping you're an idiot.

The fact that people still defend this jackass around here and online will never stop being shocking to me.

Does anyone else make a swith pros mount like his? No way I'm giving that guy a cent but I like that design.

Hello: I placed an order with Wit's End in early February, and encountered the same issues that have been documented previously. Order was never shipped. I followed up in mid-February with an email. No response. Followed up again in early March with an email, also used the contact form on website. No phone number is listed on website. Asked for a ship date or if he doesn't have items in stock, to cancel the order. Asked for any communication to let me know he is still in business. Still no response. I therefore disputed the charge with my credit card for non-delivery of goods. A short amount of time later, I received a notice of refund from Wit's end. No other communication, no explanation, nothing. Just bizarre. The frustrating thing is that there are a few parts that only Wit's end supplies that I really need.

Has anyone placed an order and received the items ordered recently (in the last month)? From scanning previous posts, I understand that the owner has had some personal issues, and I can respect that. If anyone knows the owner, can you let him know that I very much would like to order these items? If there is some protocol to follow, please let me know.

Hello: I placed an order with Wit's End in early February, and encountered the same issues that have been documented previously. Order was never shipped. I followed up in mid-February with an email. No response. Followed up again in early March with an email, also used the contact form on website. No phone number is listed on website. Asked for a ship date or if he doesn't have items in stock, to cancel the order. Asked for any communication to let me know he is still in business. Still no response. I therefore disputed the charge with my credit card for non-delivery of goods. A short amount of time later, I received a notice of refund from Wit's end. No other communication, no explanation, nothing. Just bizarre. The frustrating thing is that there are a few parts that only Wit's end supplies that I really need.

Has anyone placed an order and received the items ordered recently (in the last month)? From scanning previous posts, I understand that the owner has had some personal issues, and I can respect that. If anyone knows the owner, can you let him know that I very much would like to order these items? If there is some protocol to follow, please let me know.
Cut your losses and be happy you got your refund.
While the website seems to be up and running, Wits End is now in the hands of a court appointed trustee who's supposed to be evaluating and liquidating the company assets.
The fact that his Joeyness is still attempting to operate in direct opposition to a court order has yet to be dealt with.

Cut your losses and be happy you got your refund.
While the website seems to be up and running, Wits End is now in the hands of a court appointed trustee who's supposed to be evaluating and liquidating the company assets.
The fact that his Joeyness is still attempting to operate in direct opposition to a court order has yet to be dealt with.
Is there a way to contact this trustee to elevate outstanding orders that aren’t fulfilled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom