Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut your losses and be happy you got your refund.
While the website seems to be up and running, Wits End is now in the hands of a court appointed trustee who's supposed to be evaluating and liquidating the company assets.
The fact that his Joeyness is still attempting to operate in direct opposition to a court order has yet to be dealt with.
Thanks for the update. Yes, in scanning the forum, I am grateful that I didn't get burned like other unfortunate folks on here. It's downright criminal to keep the website up and running and accept payment with no intention of fulfilling orders. How are the credit card companies not wise to this by now?

I therefore disputed the charge with my credit card for non-delivery of goods. A short amount of time later, I received a notice of refund from Wit's end.

As have been mentioned previously many times, refunds issued by his website are not to be trusted. Do not drop the charge dispute until you see the refund on your credit card.

As have been mentioned previously many times, refunds issued by his website are not to be trusted. Do not drop the charge dispute until you see the refund on your credit card.
Yes, you are exactly right. In this case, I actually received a notice directly from AMEX that Wit's End issued a full refund. Still, the dispute will stay open as long as is needed to ensure final resolution in my favor.

Yes, you are exactly right. In this case, I actually received a notice directly from AMEX that Wit's End issued a full refund. Still, the dispute will stay open as long as is needed to ensure final resolution in my favor.
I encourage everyone who has had a bad experience with this or any company to document it on the FTC's website: Report Fraud - https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/ . They won't get involved in individual disputes but if enough customers submit reports of fraud, action may be taken against the seller, or perhaps I'm naive about possible repercussions.

I can’t believe people still order from this Clown 🤷‍♂️

You are right, I failed to perform a simple Google search before ordering. Learned my lesson.
There actually quite a few cool parts on my cruiser that came from Wits End
It’s sad it went the way it did ! But it went on for years and Joey was at the top of the bad sellers section for a long time and still is.

Last edited:
There actually quite a few cool parts on my cruiser that came from Wits End
It’s sad it went the way it did ! But it went on for years and Joey was at the top of the bad sellers section for a long time I’m still is.
I feel the same way. I love the products I bought from W/E over the years. Just sucks to see all of this happening.

If anyone has either the OEM or replacement winch lever that Wits End produced, please let me know. Trail Tailor will work to reproduce this piece if he can borrow it. That's what I ordered from Wits End but never received.

If anybody has Wits End parts they'd let me borrow I'd be more than happy to reverse engineer them and post the CAD for anyone to use.

If the website/domain could be purchased for a realistic price given the destroyed reputation I for one would consider buying it and supporting all the products as a direct manufacturer to user business. Keep the products available and rebuild the reputation over time.

If the website/domain could be purchased for a realistic price given the destroyed reputation I for one would consider buying it and supporting all the products as a direct manufacturer to user business. Keep the products available and rebuild the reputation over time.
As others on this thread have noted, it sounds like this business has a lot of potential if operated by a decent and ethical person who has a grasp of business and e-commerce and who actually understands the concept and importance of customer service/communication.

I'm still hoping someone picks up the IP as part of the liquidation. I don't imagine anyone would seriously want the name or domain at this point.

I'm still hoping someone picks up the IP as part of the liquidation. I don't imagine anyone would seriously want the name or domain at this point.
If anyone really believes that his Joeyness is gone for good as a result of this, they're nuts.
Give it a year, maybe two and he'll resurface like some mythical creature that can regrow its own head (or maybe ass in his case) and be quietly back in business under a slightly different yet completely recognizable and snarky name.
Maybe we'll even get the original Joey who just wanted to make cool LC parts and support the community, and not the overwhelmed desperate Joey who made some pretty bad decisions...
Either way, there's NO way he's going to let his IP fall into others hands.

If anyone really believes that his Joeyness is gone for good as a result of this, they're nuts.
Give it a year, maybe two and he'll resurface like some mythical creature that can regrow its own head (or maybe ass in his case) and be quietly back in business under a slightly different yet completely recognizable and snarky name.
Maybe we'll even get the original Joey who just wanted to make cool LC parts and support the community, and not the overwhelmed desperate Joey who made some pretty bad decisions...
Either way, there's NO way he's going to let his IP fall into others hands.

I think you're pretty right.

Keep in mind though that the only actual IP Joey has is the domain absolute-wits-end.com

The products themselves are not intellectual property.

I think you're pretty right.

Keep in mind though that the only actual IP Joey has is the domain absolute-wits-end.com

The products themselves are not intellectual property.
That can be a fine line - I've seen designs lumped in to the IP wagon in past suits. I'm no lawyer though, i didn't know why that would be the case.

The group of burned turbo buyers should form a partnership and elect one managing partner to copy and sell the unique product designs. When he goes after the entity, just file counter claim for the lost turbo preorders balance. Take what is yours one way or another LOL.

That can be a fine line - I've seen designs lumped in to the IP wagon in past suits. I'm no lawyer though, i didn't know why that would be the case.

A design is public knowledge after you release it without patent protection. Absolutely nothing in the witsend product lineup is patentable.

Trade secrets are IP. Joey made nothing. He farmed everything out. His trade secrets would amount to which shop he used or a fixture he paid for used to make the parts.

I only mention it so all the witsend customers out there understand any other business could make any of the products if they wanted to.

Bottom line for me is I'm not going to take someone else's ideas if theyre wanting to keep going. If they crash and burn and fail and let the products die, then I Absolutely will bring that product to market if it was a good one. If a good product has been abandoned anyone can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom