Wire harness clamps

Bear80

Anyone have a good substitution for the plastic wire harness clamps? Pretty much all of the tabs broke when I pulled them off the bracket tabs and they are only available with a new wire harness. These would be the clamps on the main engine harness. Also no local fastener shop had any sugestions. I don't think zip ties are such a great idea either with the engine heat etc.

I would look into industrial tie wraps, not your basis auto zone junk. The ones we use at the plant I work at, are pretty tough. They are Ty-Rap brand made by Thomas & Betts, and the packaging says they are good for 185F. I would think that as long as they are not actually holding 185 degree or hotter items, they should do fine. I would use the larger size (13" and just trim the extra off), they claim a 120# break strength. Hopes this helps.

Matt

619TOY

Is this basically what you're asking for? We call them Adel clamps at work an we use a ton of them. They'll last forever and are strong enough to hold my Hi-Lift to my roof rack through the Rubicon and then some:D:STAINLESS STEEL LOOM CLAMPS

Bear80

I have a few really large tie wraps but the lock ribs don't go the full length of the wrap.

Steve, that's a great idea! Those should do the trick. Thanks!

Ultra high-temperature brown PEEK (polyetheretherketone) ties have a temperature range of -76° to +500° F and stand up to most chemicals. Meet UL 94V0 flammability requirements.
McMaster Carr has a variety of cable ties....I used some high temp ones on mine...

Top Bottom