alternator wire harness PART NUMBER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm searching for a part number for the complete alternator wire harness from the main 12volt pig tail to the relay box

Hi I'm searching for a part number for the complete alternator wire harness from the main 12volt pig tail to the relay box
It would help to know the year of the vehicle.
Also, the high current output of the alternator runs directly to the fusible link off the battery, not the relay box. The logic side of the alternator is part of the main engine harness.

Last edited:
On a 95+ the charge wire is split in two branches. One branch goes to the AM1 block, through a fusible link and lugs down to the battery post.

The other branch goes to the fuse block next to the DS fender behind the charcoal canister.

This branch is often referred to as the alternator good signal. It’s the power line I’ll be using to ensure the pump for my intercooler will only run if the engine is running and the alternator is working. I’m sure there are other uses but that’s my use for it.

On a 95+ the charge wire is split in two branches. One branch goes to the AM1 block, through a fusible link and lugs down to the battery post.

The other branch goes to the fuse block next to the DS fender behind the charcoal canister.

This branch is often referred to as the alternator good signal. It’s the power line I’ll be using to ensure the pump for my intercooler will only run if the engine is running and the alternator is working. I’m sure there are other uses but that’s my use for it.
The main output of the alternator runs directly to FL MAIN and to the battery.
The sense wire off the regulator runs to FL AM1.
The branch you refer to as running to the relay box is for the charge warning lamp. From the regulator, pin 1 will go low to illuminate the charge warning lamp as it's getting +12 from the IGN fuse.

1695066980157.png

It would help to know the year of the vehicle.
Also, the high current output of the alternator runs directly to the fusible link off the battery, not the relay box. The logic side of the alternator is part of the main engine harness.
sorry 1997 fjz80

The main output of the alternator runs directly to FL MAIN and to the battery.
The sense wire off the regulator runs to FL AM1.
The branch you refer to as running to the relay box is for the charge warning lamp. From the regulator, pin 1 will go low to illuminate the charge warning lamp as it's getting +12 from the IGN fuse.

View attachment 3433449
so I went out to a truck I have and took a couple of pics of how the wiring is ran from the alternator.

I did misrepresent the signal name of the second wire that is attached to the alternator output post.

The reason it is not shown on your diagram is that your diagram is a circuit diagram and only contains pertinent information to that circuit. You would have to utilize the EWD to see all the connections.

In the first photo you can see the output lug and if you follow it down the harness you will see 2 8ga white wires. One wire continues on to the AM1 connection and the other goes up to the relay box and lugs down to a terminal there.

This is the reason for me adding a sister wire to the existing white wire to the AM1 block instead of just replacing the existing wire. I didn't want to disturb this section of harness by cutting the factory wire from the harness.
alt 2.JPG
alt 1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom