Windshield replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your sig says you're in Fontana, but you are looking for someone in the Bay Area. Not sure who's in the Bay area, but if you do end up looking in SoCal, Alfredo's Auto Glass in Covina is THE ONLY GUY I'd trust without hesitation. He's done several 80 windshields and the guy is literally (not figuratively) the world champion of auto glass install. There is no better, period. Home - Alfredo's Auto Glass

That sounds good! I’ll just have it done the following weekend I’ll come down. I’ll look him up and make an appointment.

That sounds good! I’ll just have it done the following weekend I’ll come down. I’ll look him up and make an appointment.

I took my OEM glass (only way to fly) + gasket to Alfredo per midfat’s suggestion to swap out the leaky and shtty Fuyao windshield (previous owner’s poor decision)

The dude is the nicest guy! When I first drove off, the OEM optics were so clear I thought he forgot to install the actual glass.

I also applied Clearplex windshield film immediately to protect the beautiful Toyota glass.

Job done

I'm a bit curious why this isn't generally considered a DIY job. It seems pretty easy, based on the FSM. I've done this before on old BMWs (with that horrible locking strip) and it's a pain, but not that big of a deal. There are certainly more tedious jobs that people regularly tackle. Am I missing something here?

I've recently done the rear quarter sliding windows (weather strip and window runs) Again, not that fun, but certainly doable.

I took my OEM glass (only way to fly) + gasket to Alfredo per midfat’s suggestion to swap out the leaky and shtty Fuyao windshield (previous owner’s poor decision)

The dude is the nicest guy! When I first drove off, the OEM optics were so clear I thought he forgot to install the actual glass.

I also applied Clearplex windshield film immediately to protect the beautiful Toyota glass.

Job done

Hey the Fuyao isn't so bad! Haha. Although recently cracked so maybe it's time to step up my OEM pursuit of cash investments!

I'm a bit curious why this isn't generally considered a DIY job. It seems pretty easy, based on the FSM. I've done this before on old BMWs (with that horrible locking strip) and it's a pain, but not that big of a deal. There are certainly more tedious jobs that people regularly tackle. Am I missing something here?

I've recently done the rear quarter sliding windows (weather strip and window runs) Again, not that fun, but certainly doable.

Easy answer for me. My insurance pays for the materials and install less my $100 deductible. No way I want to deal with it assuming I have access to an installer I have confidence in.

Got price from my local dealer for new OE Toyota glass & gasket, $560 OTD with my buddy's discount. Ouch. I took a rock to the windshield driving home from Canada last summer and ignored it. Time to fix it and the rust around the windshield frame. Hoping insurance will contribute towards the glass

Just for info purposes
Windshield glass 5611160190 MSRP $601.60, wholesale $423.17
Windshield Weatherstrip 5612160100 MSRP $96.84 wholesale $68.70

Just for info purposes
Windshield glass 5611160190 MSRP $601.60, wholesale $423.17
Windshield Weatherstrip 5612160100 MSRP $96.84 wholesale $68.70
That's cheaper than my local dealer with "jobber" discount. Source?

That's cheaper than my local dealer with "jobber" discount. Source?
Prices vary. Like this for just under $400 in NH but local pickup. 1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Windshield LOCAL PICK UP ONLY 56111-60190 | nashuatoyota

Sparks Toyota in SC lists for $430 and sometimes has free shipping over certain amounts.
Others are in the $600 to $800.

I’m trying to figure out OEM but local installer who would either let me order and ship to them or myself or something.

Gonna revive this thread as I’m looking for a windshield shop near the Sacramento area to take care of the 80. Timing was off to get it done with Alfredo down south so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom