Widened Steel Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just FYI, I noticed several people looking for a wheel widening service.
Jerry Robbins in Calhoun GA just did mine for $50 ea. Took two days. Beautiful welds and perfectly trued.
He’s a cool old school cat with a garage full of rat rods. You’ll have to bring your wheels to him though.

Jerry Robbins 706-280-0453

The wheels are 10” wide. Tires are 37/12.50R15.
Suspension is leaf springs SOA. Front FJ55 springs with a few removed. The rear is fj40 springs and they need a few removed..

I hear wheel bearings screaming at you in your future... Years ago, I ran 37 x 14.50 Boggers on 8"ers and they did great. A good hard pinch on the bead and never lost one aired down.

Just FYI, I noticed several people looking for a wheel widening service.
Jerry Robbins in Calhoun GA just did mine for $50 ea. Took two days. Beautiful welds and perfectly trued.
He’s a cool old school cat with a garage full of rat rods. You’ll have to bring your wheels to him though.

View attachment 1905726View attachment 1905727

Jerry Robbins 706-280-0453

Interesting rear flares...

You get a chance... would you post some additional pictures of your flares?

Pretty simple, but it worked out well. 1/2” tubing and .032 sheet metal. Welded and blended the sheet metal smooth into the tube.
Cheap canned bed liner on top.
I actually bent the tubing by drilling a hole in a 2x4. Prying the tubing down on the hole made a nice radius in the wood. Every bend got better. Lol
I wanted to devise some nice mounts for them but I ended up just spot welding them onto the body.
Not that they’d hold up to any real bashing , but my kids stand on them..

Pretty simple, but it worked out well. 1/2” tubing and .032 sheet metal. Welded and blended the sheet metal smooth into the tube.
I actually bent the tubing by drilling a hole in a 2x4. Prying the tubing down on the hole made a nice radius in the wood. Every bend got better. Lol
I wanted to devise some nice mounts for them but I ended up just spot welding them onto the body.

View attachment 1905868View attachment 1905872
Looks dang good!

View attachment 1905868View attachment 1905872

I found the outside lip of a Landcruiser brake drum served me very well for making the radius bends in the tubing for my wheelwell opening.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom