Steel wheel modification shops? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a set of steelies that I'd like to run on my 40, but the backspacing it too deep (4.5"). I can go the spacer route as a last resort, but I'd really like to have the centers cut and re-welded at the proper backspacing.

I know there are several shops in California that do this, but I'm on the East Coast, so freight cost is going to be pretty steep.

Does anyone know of a shop on the east coast (preferably within reasonable driving distance from Raleigh, NC) that offers steel wheel modification services?

Might be easier and cheaper to buy new wheels with the correct backspacing. What is so special about these that makes you want to modify and keep? Don't forget about cost to refinish after they are modified.

Might be easier and cheaper to buy new wheels with the correct backspacing. What is so special about these that makes you want to modify and keep? Don't forget about cost to refinish after they are modified.
Might be cheaper for new wheels, but I like these, so I’m going to investigate options before I do.

I’ve got a buddy who does powder coating, and I was planning to sandblast and paint them a different color anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom