Why Desmog my 1978 2F and How? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desmogging basically gives you more room under hood, makes it easier to trouble shoot problems and gives you a little more power when done correctly. have jim c. or mark a. rebuild your carb they are the only two who seem to know how to do it. good luck and welcome

Desmogging does not hurt the engine, and can actually improve gas milage, but I doubt you are going to get one of us California companies (especially those of us who have ARB exempted products) to print an instruction sheet on desmogging. That would kinda be like giving the ARB the middle finger salute!!!!

I might get in the business of registering Land Cruisers in Alabama. If your vehicle can run, you can drive it on the road. :hillbilly:

ARB in Cali = Air Resources Board, not ARB the parts manufacturer from Oz...

Does that help?
Thanks for clearing up my oversight. Evidently this is something I just take for granted since I don't deal with ARB in Seattle and do deal with ARB in California!!!

I say leave it.

Most of the engine controls are there to make it run better under more different conditions. If you remove it, it runs worse. There is very little negative effect on performance or mileage.

Mine is desmogged, but I have a weber carb. It ran great before my build. Hopefully nothing has changed since it sat for about 3 yrs during resto.

I say leave it.

Most of the engine controls are there to make it run better under more different conditions. If you remove it, it runs worse. There is very little negative effect on performance or mileage.

Do you feel that way about EGR as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom