Who’s done Pritchett canyon? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We've done it quite a few times, and my friends triple locked 80 was with us many of those. It only has a 2.5" ome lift. It's fairly well armored up though and it used that armor a lot. Low center of gravity is your friend in moab, especially so on Pritchett. I definitely wouldn't have taken my old 80 with the 5" lift.

I ran Pritchett twice in an 80.
Once in 2012 in my 91 FJ80 and again in 2017 in my 97 LX450.
There was a significant difference in difficulty between the years as the trail wears down. The individual obstacles became more difficult.
I wound up with a slight scratch on the Lexus rear quarter panel from my own negligence. Other than that, no damage to either truck.
It's not easy, but lots of fun.

One of those trails to avoid if you care about the appearance of your vehicle. :meh:

I did Pritchett, once, over 20 years ago. Stock factory lockers, OME springs, 33" tires - pretty typical for the day.

The only significant damage was bashing the catalytic converters to the point where the internal honeycomb matrix was turned to rubble, and made for a pretty restricted exhaust. Didn't really notice it until driving back home from Moab and noticed I couldn't get back up to normal highway speeds.

It was definitely doable back then, but the point made above about trail wear making it more difficult makes sense (though I've not been out there since to see for myself.)

For me, it was cool to do, but I find milder stuff more to my liking these days.

I did Pritchett, once, over 20 years ago. Stock factory lockers, OME springs, 33" tires - pretty typical for the day.

The only significant damage was bashing the catalytic converters to the point where the internal honeycomb matrix was turned to rubble, and made for a pretty restricted exhaust. Didn't really notice it until driving back home from Moab and noticed I couldn't get back up to normal highway speeds.

It was definitely doable back then, but the point made above about trail wear making it more difficult makes sense (though I've not been out there since to see for myself.)

For me, it was cool to do, but I find milder stuff more to my liking these days.
God it’s changed a lot since then! I had my 35s swallowed by 42” holes dug into the rock on axle hill last year😳

Every time I'm on Pritchett there is a roll either in the group or in another group. Here is a jeep that was back on its wheels after Chewy hill bit back.
IMG_20140822_214220.jpg

Here is my favorite rollover on youtube for Pritchett:

Last edited:
I wish every goofy Jeep pickup I've ever seen did Pritchett so it would be a graveyard of them there rather than on the highway with massive tires, a rooftop tent, and cut fenders.

Every time I'm on Pritchett there is a roll either in the group or in another group. Here is a jeep that was back on its wheels after Chewy hill bit back.View attachment 3240815
Here is my favorite rollover on youtube for Pritchett:

That spotter needs to go back to spotter school, what a horrible line (obviously). They were in trouble right from the start. I know we are supposed to trust the spotter but, when you can see/feel your rig at the edge, it is time to back off and look at it yourself. That was completely avoidable and almost looked like she was purposely putting in a spot to roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom