Canyon Cruiser - 1993 FZJ80 w/lockers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a problem and I’m not afraid to admit it. This is the fifth Land Cruiser I’ve bought. 2002, 2011, 2005, 1994 and now a 1993. But this one (1993) is more special than the others.

I’ve been searching for another 80 series to work on since I finished up the mechanical baseline on my 1994 FZJ80. This one popped up on marketplace and here are the specs:
1993 FZJ80, 277,000 miles, color 183, 2 owners (father and daughter), Texas truck with no rust, leather, power seats, Diff Lockers (yay), 4 wheel disc and ABS (boo), lots of panhandle dirt everywhere.

This will be my “build” thread, even though it won’t really be a build. I plan to do almost the same thing I’ve done to the 1994: baseline, CLEAN, baseline, OME stock height kit, Tokico shocks, 33” tires, DIY roof rack, hopefully ARB bumper 🤞, drive it and make memories with the family.

NOW, Let’s lob this up to the community:
When I shift into 4WD LO, no cdl or abs lights on the dash. When I turn the key to the ON position, ABS shows up so I know the dash light works. I just drove it on snowy roads and locked up the tires, the abs module clicks and does its job but NO ABS light on the dash…. I’m going under it today to remove and clean the CDL sensor switch. Will jumper that wire and see if the dash light comes on for CDL. THEN I can see if the diff lockers actually engage.

Is the ABS light supposed to light up when you lock up the brakes on slick roads???

IMG_4215.jpeg
IMG_4203.png
IMG_4212.png
59DE6C6B-46A8-4306-9040-BAD1C673964D.jpeg

4 of the cruisers I’ve bought 👆👆👆

Last edited:
@ppc Ok that’s good to know! Thanks for reading and for your reply.

I did get the CDL sensor switch jumpered and got the center diff to lock. Then got the front and rear lockers to engage and disengage multiple times. The lockers got faster each time I did it. Pretty exciting times.

IMG_4224.jpeg

I’ve been cleaning, wiping, vacuuming and re-wiping the interior all day. It’s looking much more palatable.

I did get the CDL sensor switch jumpered and got the center diff to lock

Jumpering the CDL sensor switch on the front side of the transfer case does not mean the center is locked. You're just faking the system which allows the front and rear to lock but the center needs additional testing.

Jumpering the CDL sensor switch on the front side of the transfer case does not mean the center is locked. You're just faking the system which allows the front and rear to lock but the center needs additional testing.
Ok will do. Just noticed a PHH leak when I got back from the store. So that will be top of the list moving forward 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom