Who makes a tire carrier for a stock rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Subject says it all. I need to get that new 285/75/16 out from under the rig and not spend $1700 for a Slee rear bumper just yet :-\

Any ideas?? Who makes these?

Could I fab one with Slee's spindle kit??? Worth my time ???

Jody.

you absolutely could fab one. I did. I also took it off and gave it away as it was way more of a PIA than it was worth. Looked cool though. Unfortunately, it did not garner much respect with the sport compact bling bling crowd that I work so hard to impress.
Seriously I dropped off a ledge and hit it so hard I thought I ripped my bumper off.
It sucked to have it on there on the road because I lost the visibility and, far more important, it made it a huge pain to use the rear hatch.
Now I had realized it sucked to have it off road as well. So, what's the point unless you do expidition kind of stuff and can't spare the space inside and underneath at the same time.

I'm in the same boat dont have the money for the big toys at Slee. I hear hes starting a daily raffle/giveaway on many of his products!
I just bought his 2" hitch adapter so I can remove the stupid aftermarket hitch. Maybe you could add a tire carrier off the 4 bolt hitch adapter. Its not rated for towing but I would think durable for a 33" + tire.
Make 2 carriers...

Chris

Kamar, IIRC. bolts under the RH bumper end. You cut a hole in the end for the spindle. I also seem to recall that they are not cheap either. (4-500 bucks?)

Wow,

My rememberer needs to be re-set :slap:.

Christo's bumper seems suddenly much cheaper ;)

Jeeze!! For that kind of money I could invest in a full-length roof rack like I already want and just put it up there huh???

I may just do that.... Go for the expedition look, kinda.

What's a good roof rack for the money? ARB would be nice, but pricey. How about tradesman???

Jody. [tt]Who wants stuff and is confused.[/tt]

I think for the money the Tradesman is one of the best. Good size, full length rails and decent price. I was looking at the 7' FJ60 rack for the 80, and may still go that way, but for now I got a really good deal on a yak setup...

-H-

bungy cords and duct tape if your trying to save money! Another ideas is to crack the windows and strap rope through, you've seen them - the ones who are taking home a new matress in a Geo Metro.

Actually, I have one of these:

http://sleeoffroad.com/past_projects/custom_tire_carrier.htm

One of Christo's first rear carriers. I'm actually looking to get a Slee rear bumper very soon and would be very willing to part with my rear carrier if you are interested. It's identical to that listed in the above URL, with the difference that it mounts to a bracket that bolts to the 4 pintle-holes instead. IM me if interested.

I built an internal tire carrier in the back of mine. It took just a few hours and $20 in material.

Kaymar makes a FULL Rear bumper..that you can have single or dual pivots on for Jimmy Can and/or Tire Carrier. It is about $1500.

Also, Man-a-fre can order the KAYMAR RH Tire carrier for the stock bumper. I called them and they wanted $550 & 3 months (special order from austrailia).

HOWEVER, before i purchased it i talked to Rick (Land Tank) and he told me how he was going to purchase the Kaymar stock bumper tire carrier..but, when he called KAYMAR in australlia..the kaymar rep said that a 35in. tire would be too big & heavy for it. So, he went with the full kaymar bumper instead.

I am still trying to figure out what to do to get my tire out from under my rig's arce!

later,
joe

I tossed a 35" tire on the roofrack last weekend. You do not want to do this. It sucked. It caused wind noise. Made the rig tilt. And it is really hard on the back.

[quote author=ginericfj80 link=board=2;threadid=6670;start=msg54572#msg54572 date=1066956693]
I tossed a 35" tire on the roofrack last weekend. You do not want to do this. It sucked. It caused wind noise. Made the rig tilt. And it is really hard on the back. [/quote]

No sheet. Search the archives for angry fat man running through neighborhood looking like an absolute idiot as he chases his tire he dropped off his roof. ..... :whoops: :flipoff2:

No sheet. Search the archives for angry fat man running through neighborhood looking like an absolute idiot as he chases his tire he dropped off his roof. .....

please,oh please tell us that someone in your neighborhood got that on video!!!!!

seriously,that made me laugh way too hard at 11:00 pm !!!!!!

doug

Hey Chris, willing to fab up some of those internal jobbies for the list? Nice design (and I have no welding skills yet).

Could be my solution.

That being said....there is a camper spare tire carrier with a 4 bolt pattern that matches the rear bolt pattern on the cross member...

Looks like this....don't use it when wheeling unless you want your tailgate dented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom